Friday, January 1, 2010

Heavenly Father Has a Plan For Me.

Sometimes things just don't turn out how you want them to- or expect them to. It's always been hard for me to relinquish the control I feel I should have over my life. Really, things can happen to anyone of us, anytime. Challenges help us grow and become stronger. I know that as well as anyone else. So I'm trying to take my newest trial and just have faith knowing I am loved by a Father in Heaven who blesses me endlessly. He's sad with me and hears my prayers always.

On Christmas Day I began to bleed which progressed the next day until Saturday night I began cramping and then lost our little #5. Something that many, many women have gone through. My heart aches for them as it aches for me.

Time to change expectations, time to move forward, time to count my blessings and be grateful for my opportunity to be a mother to four- and the wife of a most amazing man.

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm so very sorry Katie. That is painful no matter how many children you have. My thoughts are with you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Lots of hugs. Rhonda

robin said...

So sorry Katie, love you!

joyous said...

So sorry to hear. Thank you for sharing. My heart aches for you too.

Miranda said...

I'm glad the changes in plan(s) at least worked out to give us some awesome sister bonding time.
We'll always have each other.

Melanie said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers.

kkerr said...

So sorry Katie.

Anonymous said...

OH Sweetie, So So Sorry Kate!!!! Just got the chills when I read your post! you have so much faith and such an Awesome Attitude!! I admire you for that! You are in my thoughts!! Hugs to you !

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry Katie. What a bummer especially to happen on Christmas. I hope you are feeling ok. Sounds like you are getting there. You and your family are in my prayers.

Jodie said...

Katie, what a very wise title for this entry. As I read it, I just started to take some slow deep, deep breaths. I sat and said a prayer for you & Dana. I have this wood sign in my house that says, "Attitude is EVERYTHING - pick a good one". That is just exactly what you've done. The pain is SO REAL, I had one before my first, but I only knew I was prego for 2 days. I really liked your Christmas card & so did my sister, Sarah. You are so right when you write about having to relinquish control. It's tough not to understand everything, but you've always had so much faith & a strong testimony. You are one of the best people I know friend.

Kate said...

I feel so lucky to have such sweet friends and family. I've felt so much support. Thank you all for your kindness!

Mia said...

Im so sorry Katie! I hope you are doing well. This must be so hard on you, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

stacy said...

i'm so sad for you! i have been there and know how you must be feeling. so so sorry katie.

Ashby said...

Oh Katie, I'm SO sorry! I know I'm totally behind on this, but just wanted you to know I was thinking of you! HUGS!