Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Girl Party

For Moi-- not kids! It was very fun and exciting. We had it planned and then it actually ended up that I walked out of the doctor's office (post miscarriage check-up), got in our snazzy Civic, picked up Amy, and we high-tailed it out of AZ all the way to San Diego chatting and laughing all the way. Quite a great feeling I must say. We've never had a sister/mom trip and I REALLY hope there will be more to come.

Aside from the company, my very favorite part was the beach. I don't realize how much I miss it until I'm there.
The sight, the sounds, the smell...Ahhhh. You can't get a better view from a car window. Sally lives there so she knew all the best places to go. This was the greatest ever breakfast place! Can you tell by the line at 9:30? It was very fun and cute on the inside, but best of all was right on the beach where they have tables and chairs waiting. Waiting for rule breakers. Nearby view. Two beach-starved Arizona mom's excited to get in on that view. Sal, I love this picture- so cute! Trip made possible by the greatest mom in the world.Me, in Heaven Amy

Miranda
Cool patterns.
A beacon of beauty from the freeway.
Pedicures were one of the first items on our agenda.


Shopping: forever one of my favorites. I wrote a paper in Jr. High about shopping being the perfect activity. I had some very compelling arguments. Mainly- "It makes you feel better when you're feeling down." Irrefutable logic.
Eating at "Extraordinary Desserts" which were very much so.
And we did lots more. Including, but not limited to: a movie, more eating out, late night chats, the Christmas version of Cabury mini-eggs, clips of Muppet Show yip-yip aliens, having major flashbacks as we all tried to get ready in front of Sally's bathroom mirror, hugs, tears, and lots of laughter.
It was only a day and a half total but you can really fit ALOT into a day when you aren't toting tots around. It was the best ever and much needed. Thank you for being so awesome girls (esp. mom for all you are always doing for us- thoughts, prayers, and love, etc.) Love you.

13 comments:

Amy said...

such cute pics, and so glad you guys had this day... you deserve it... therapy, yes?

Melanie said...

What a fun trip! You guys should definitely make that a regular thing. Glad you got your beach fix!

Shannon said...

Ooh girl's trips are the best!!! Maybe next year we will have to have ours at the beach. That looks fun. It seems like good timing too. I am impressed that you fit that all into a day and a half! Good times!

joyous said...

What a great girls trip!!! And it sounds like the timing was perfect for you too. I'm definitely going to call Sally for some tips the next time we head down to San Diego!!

kkerr said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm so glad everyone was able to come. I want to eat at those restaurants. YUM!

Jill Ison said...

i like how you posted the rules photo. when we were in Hawaii my kids had shell phones with them at all times. it was kinda cute. sounds like much need fun. adopt me so i can go next time too k!

Sally said...

I'm so glad you documented this, Kate. Thanks for getting that snazzy camera and for making the effort to capture the moments.
It was so fun! Thanks again, Mom! And thanks to you guys for driving out, too. And thanks to Dan, Dana, and all the kids for sparing you guys for a couple days. We do need to make it happen again sometime.

XO, Jennifer Kiddle said...

THE best post EVER Katie ! ♥

Mom said...

Ahhhhh. Heaven with my girls. MWAH! Must do it again.

Amy said...

That was the best ever, I need all those pics I dont have very many! It is a MUST do again!! Its great to have sisters and a mom that are your best friends!!!

Jamie said...

I hope it's okay that I found your blog & am a follower of it now. :)

I just love your family! What a fun weekend with just the girls. We do it every year on my side. It's something I look forward to!

And your kids are soooo cute. I know I've told you that before.

Okay, now that I've gone on & on & on...

Karis said...

Katie..such a fun trip for you! I am glad that you were able to do that with your mom and sisters. I love those times when I can feel pampered by my mom. I'm sure you loved it!

Christine said...

This is so awesome Katie! How fun for you guys. Couldn't agree more about shopping, though sometimes I wish I didn't like it so much. :)