Saturday, January 23, 2010

Beautiful Day

As you well know we have been getting buckets of rain here in the Valley of the Sun like most of the western USA. I've always liked rain, but because we get so little here, it really feels like a treat when it happens. And then today, when the sun finally found it's way through the clouds, it was a reminder of the unbelievable beauty of the Earth. To see a really awesome picture of what today looked like, check out my friend Jill's blog who is amazing at capturing true beauty. I did take the opportunity today to take the kids down the street and snap a few pictures too. I got some pretty cute kid pictures :)





And we had a lot of fun too.
with Dana doing most of the work while I had the easy job :)
Here is Sadie's new "cheeese" face. This girl cracks me up several times per day.

Grateful for our big Arizona sky!

(BTW Emma went with a friend to see "Oklahoma" during this time- which is of course why there are no pictures of her:) Maybe I'll get some more tomorrow)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

It really is so beautiful. I love it when the sun comes out here too even though it's still freezing. Oh how I miss seeing green too. Winter is so brown in Utah. I keep reminding myself that in a few months it will start warming up again.

Your kids are so cute and you are getting really good with your camera! Love that big, open sky.

Jill Ison said...

you linked to me !! :) oh my gosh that cheese face of sadies is AWESOME! love love love it. i thought we were gonna go take pics after church?! haha j/k i need a nap, had a rough morning if you know what I mean.

Karis said...

Cute Pics Katie! I thought the day turned out to be beautiful too! The sky was awesome. Hope you are doing well. We need to do something together. I never see you even though we are in the same ward.

Miranda said...

I miss my kiddos!!! Glad we have all these longish weekends coming up.

Rhonda said...

Love Sadie's cheese face and her adorable shirt. I have loved the weather this last week. The air has smelled and looked so clean. These are great pictures of your kids and the great outdoors.