Friday, June 11, 2010

Sally Tomato

Back in March we planted our first garden. Dana made a cute little border for it. We planted zucchini, tomato, cucumber, strawberries, and cantaloupe.

The kids named all our plants by taping little papers with their names onto twigs. Here's Sally:Also "Connie and Claire Strawberry" amongst their siblings.
(March)(April)
(May) The kids have loved taking part in watering, caring for, and now harvesting our garden. Those are some mighty fine "Sally" tomatoes. Holly, my little tomato lover/expert (announced she likes tomatoes better than cake) gives them an A+++.
next up- we have about 6 of these growing :) plus 2 cucumbers! So glad we finally bit the bullet and made it happen. Organic produce for practically free!

4 comments:

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

I am so impressed! You made a lovely little garden!

Miranda said...

Why, may I ask, does sally get a fruit/veggie named after her? I want the cantaloupe.

The Blair Family said...

Your garden looks so awesome. I would love to have one, but seems like so much work to get it started. Maybe next year...

Jill Ison said...

ohhh yum. your garden looks amazing!