Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Swim and Dive

3rd year. Emma's come so far and I love watching her swim. She has a lot of friends on the team with her. 2nd year. Eli seems to be picking up where he left off last year and is trying hard to follow his coaches' instructions. I told him if he attempts a back dive this year, he can have a can of soda. This is a big motivation for him.
1st year
Holly has taken on swim team this year and is doing great! It takes some guts to swim across a huge, very deep pool when you're not too sure how well you can swim. Go baby!
Sadie likes to wear her swimsuit too. She's got a few more years :)
Also, here are a few swimming lesson pictures since I just realized I never posted about it. They both LOVED swimming lessons.

One of the goals for the little kids is to learn to reach for the side while kicking.
Holly trying to let her "feet fly behind" her as she practices jumping off the side.

I love watching them learn new skills. Especially ones I'd love to have myself (while I can technically swim, it's technically all wrong). Go kids!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

What fun! I love seeing that big pool and all those kids doing swim team so young! I'm guessing the aquatic sports are pretty big in AZ. I hope Eli masters the back dive! It is scary to try something like that. Sadie looks so happy to be learning to swim! Weston does like swimming lessons, but he does not like to put his face in. It's going to be our biggest swimming hurdle with him I think.

Amy said...

Those pics are cute, Im glad they can do it all together.

Sally said...

Holly is one of the cutest things ever in these pictures. Sadie, too, actually. The one where she's reaching for the side totally gives me that feeling of when I was a kid. The side seemed so far away!
Hey, remember when you dove into the shallow end at the Super 8 motel and scraped your nose on the bottom of the pool. Ha ha haha ha!

Kate said...

was that the same trip that I fell down the side of a ravine or a different one? haha

Jill Ison said...

oh man! i wanted to do that this year. you make is sound like so much fun for the kids. I think i must have forgotten to register. go me :) !!