Thursday, January 28, 2010

Something Stinks in Suburbia


No it wasn't our leftovers. It wasn't the "cow smell", nor was it a dirty diaper (which are all but non-existent around here now). Actually, the air outside was extra fresh today because we had sprinkles off and on all day again. The stinkiness was me and I haven't been able to shake it off all day.
It was a day that started off on the wrong foot when I had a run-in with an EBAY buyer, and then several small things, some that have been building up in my mind for awhile, all added up and plagued me the whole day. Real buggers like insurance issues (worries about having to pay big bucks), my arthritis (but happily I got my medication today), a 2 year old with a scream that just won't quit when she wants something, whining coming at me from all angles, wanting sugar but not having any in the house because I'm not eating treats right now, and the list goes on as it tends to do.
I'm probably pre-menstrual. I mean, where's your gratitude woman?! I even looked at Nie-Nie's blog which is great for counting blessings but all it did today was make me cry. And I prayed for her too. But it was more like begging Heavenly Father to help her please. You can't not love the girl- she is absolutely amazing.

Anyway, I was happy to have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday's dinners help me out a little tonight. Do you like Emma's added food commentaries?

10 points if you know what movie the title quotes :) No googling allowed!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the meal commentary. No "tasty" for veggie lasagna, but a "good for you" so at least she admits that much. :) I'm sorry you had a rough day. Some days/weeks are like that. Hopefully today will be bright and sunny. Go on a walk and hopefully some of the worries will be resolved.

Jill Ison said...

loving your use of double negatives! still on the no treats thing? come over and have some fruit. i have blueberries and watermelon :) i know you like watermelon. i will call my sister and see what she did to negotiate some of the doctor bills she once had down then i will let you know what she said.

Kate said...

do any of my sisters know where the quote is from??? It's an 80's movie.

Jill- watermelon sounds AWESOME!

Miranda said...

I do not know. But it is a lyric from one of my favorite Imogene Heap songs. However--having just googled it, I learn that I did see that movie once in my life.

Sally said...

I don't know either. I'll guess Sixteen Candles or Better Off Dead.
Now, to google....
ARRRGGGH! Should have known! Cindy Mancini did stink! One of your favorites. Sorry to disappoint.