Wednesday night we had our
Trunk-or-Treat ward party. The kids were
soooo excited to get to wear their costumes for the first time and also for the
treatin' part of course. I love getting the kids all ready in their costumes. It can be hectic with everyone asking for things at once but it's a "mom job" that I enjoy. Probably because I loved it as a kid. The thrill of wearing make-up once a year and often-times I got to use one of my mom's long ponytail hairpieces, which I LOVED.
Fun times.
Everyone was pretty happy except Sadie. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. She was
definitely not happy.


Then on top of whatever it was, it was FREEZING outside.

We have an awesome but huge ward so it was very crowded and chaotic.

She cheered up some when we got to the candy part.

Not until we got home and
I cleaned off those leopard whiskers did I see what may have started the night off on the wrong foot. My eyeliner had a
jaggedy egde and I didn't notice it for the first cheek. Poor baby.
Yeah, I'm an awesome mom.
Hopefully she'll let me do them again tomorrow for Halloween night.
5 comments:
I love that first picture. The seriousness of not being happy to be in a Halloween costume is very apparent on Holly's and Eli's faces.
Emma is one cute Leia.
Miranda and I pretty much have all the same thoughts. kinda cool. kinda bugs.
But i do love that first shot of Sadie throwing her arms up against the wall. It's a perfect shot of unhappy kid-ness.
I think the sibling reactions to Sadie's sadness are cute in that first shot. I love that your your older ones did Star Wars costumes. Weston pointed out every single Darth Vader to me. Poor Sadie with the scratches. No fun. Your ward party looked fun though. Sometimes I think it would be so great to have a huge ward like that, but I guess the downside is the crowds at the parties. :)
Poor baby! I love how they're all sympathetic. Those scratches couldn't have been fun. Princess Lea looked awesome! I think that's my favorite. Happy haunting tonight!
What sweetness--your whole blog makes be so proud and happy. Love you all.
Post a Comment