Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthday Par-Tay

It was a "party year" this year for Holly and even though I considered trying to talk her into skipping it, I finally got my act together. Guess what she choose for her theme?!


She is a girl after my own heart I tell ya! She even chose angel food cake for her birthday cake! My favorite!

Did you know you can look online for specific theme ideas? I'm probably the last to figure that out, but I looked up "Hello Kitty Party" and voila! Some of these parties were very elaborate- not really made for the mom planning two days in advance on a limited budget, but I did get a couple good ideas.

Like pin (or tape) the bow on the Kitty...
and pass the yarn...
We played music and then when the music stopped whoever was holding the yarn got to unwrap a piece. In the middle was a Hello Kitty pez which the very last person got to keep. This is one of my favorite pictures from the party. Brynn is so sweet :)
I love this one too because of the silos in the background. A symbol of "home".
Presents, all of which she LOVED.
Dana made all the kitty ear headbands.
My helpers Emma and Jane did the kitty whiskers.
She is blessed with so many sweet friends which was the best part of the party. We even got to know an extra friend (tongue) who was already at the park and really wanted to be a part of the fun.
Had some Barros pizza.
+ cupcakes + a lot of playing on the park's very fun playground=A happy 5yr old birthday kitty.
So worth it in the end :)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like such a great party! They are a lot of work, but seriously as a kid nothing's better than your birthday party. I love the theme too. I also just recently discovered the birthday theme sites. Weston wants a Star Wars party for his 4th, so I'm already looking for some ideas. Congrats on another successful birthday party. That's one cute birthday girl!

joyous said...

Oh my goodness!!! That party looks so cute!! I love the Hello Kitty theme. I'll have to try to convince Lizzie....or just tell Rachel that's what she's having. (Two year olds don't know the difference.) The ears were so cute and pass the yarn is adorable. You can always do a pin the something on the something for any party too. I'll have to remember those cute ideas. Having it at a park is also a great idea, if the games go bust, there's always the playground!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

So Cute! Looks like you threw a great Birthday Bash! Love Barro's- good choice of pizza! :)

Jill Ison said...

awww happy birthday holly! you're such a good mom not to talk her into skipping.

Rhonda said...

Such a cute party. I like the unwrapping the yarn game. I've never head of that one. Julia had a great time. I love birthdays that land in cooler weather and can be at the park. Emily and Daniel are August..ugh.

Melanie said...

Apparently I am a little slow. I just realized that you changed your blog URL, so it hasn't been coming up on Reader. Brynn loved the party! She was excited to tell Collin all about it when she got home. What cute ideas for games! We'll have to coordinate the girls' schedules and have Holly over soon. Brynn misses her!