If I ever forget how long we've lived here, I just think about how old Holly is. We moved here when I was 8 months pregnant with no job, no doctor, no insurance (we supposedly had COBRA but they were such a nightmare I can't even count them) and newly moved into our house which we bought without ever even seeing, except for email photos. It had some stressful moments but everything felt right. Everything fell into place. We felt so grateful for our home, we LOVED our neighborhood, we felt welcomed by friends all around us. And best of all...our sweet Holly came into our lives.

Thanksgiving weekend '04

It's weird to me that I feel like we haven't been here that long and that Holly has lived her entire life here! Miss that baby chub!

The kids wearing their Paraguay clothes that Grandma and Grandpa Kleven sent them from their mission.

Super happy, easy baby....my favorite kind :)


Holly- I love the cute/funny things you say. Like when we were on our hike this weekend you had sand in your shoe and said "I just need water and I'll have a beach in my shoe!" And how your favorite color is "
rainbow". Your little giggle when you get excited about something. How fun you are. What a sweet big sister you are to Sadie and how you try to be so patient with her. Your little voice. Your little self. You bring our family so much joy. We
love you so.
Happy 5th birthday big girl!!
4 comments:
Wow. 5 years huh? She is beautiful. All your kids are. That was a sweet post. I love that last photo too.
PS-I can't believe you bought your house without ever seeing it in person! That's some serious faith. :)
So cute! What a sweet post, Katie. Happy Birthday Holly!
Ahhhhh, that was so fun to see the baby pictures of Holly. Holly is really such a sweet sweet girl. She is always so happy and pleasant and she makes the people around her feel the same way. I feel very lucky to know such a special five year old.
My namesake!!! I miss all of them a lot right now. I LOVE the beach in the shoe comment so much.
Post a Comment