A few days before we left for St. George to witness Dana completely whoop the marathon, I had a little thought- we might as well make the most out of that 8 hr drive! So went to Zion both on the way and the way back from St. George. It's unbelievably beautiful there. I'm so glad we took the time. Here are a heap load of my favorite pictures from our long, fun weekend-
Our first short hike on the way to St. George was the Kayenta Trail. The shuttle on the way to the hikes were also a big hit with the kids.
So fun to be in all this nature. The animals there all seemed very used to having people around. It makes you feel a little bit like Snow White.
Ahhh, love this boy.

I just couldn't get over this view. Of course, pictures are never quite the same.
Moon rise in Zion.This was our trail on our way home. It was perfect for kids and even better than the other hike we went on.


The tour on the shuttle said that the water coming out of these rocks travels through the sandstone for about 1200 years from the time it seeps into the top.
Each time they touched the water they would say "I can't believe it!!! I am touching water that's 1200 years old! Can you believe it???" It was pretty cute.
At the end of the walk you come to the beginning of "The Narrows" which is part of the Virgin River that people are able to walk/hike through. I really want to do this when the kids are older. There are parts that are waist deep so it definitely wouldn't work yet.
They had a lot of fun wading through the freeeezing cold water.

Dana's 4th marathon was a smash hit just like the previous 3. Each time he's gotten faster. He's a running machine.


The tour on the shuttle said that the water coming out of these rocks travels through the sandstone for about 1200 years from the time it seeps into the top.
Each time they touched the water they would say "I can't believe it!!! I am touching water that's 1200 years old! Can you believe it???" It was pretty cute.
At the end of the walk you come to the beginning of "The Narrows" which is part of the Virgin River that people are able to walk/hike through. I really want to do this when the kids are older. There are parts that are waist deep so it definitely wouldn't work yet.
They had a lot of fun wading through the freeeezing cold water.
We had a super fun time in St. George too. It is a treat staying at cousin Laurie's house. We have a whole section of the house to ourselves and it includes an unbelievable play room for kids. It has every toy imaginable in it- old and new. And there are windows everywhere which made for beautiful lighting, so I had a fun time taking pictures of the kids playing there. I'll have to post some of those pictures later.
This is the view from their backyard. St. George is really a pretty town. Sometimes we think we could live there one day. Maybe as a back-up for my plan of retiring to a house along the beach:)
Dana's 4th marathon was a smash hit just like the previous 3. Each time he's gotten faster. He's a running machine. 1. San Diego- 4 hrs 24 mins
2. Phoenix- 4 hrs 12 mins
3. St George 08- 3 hrs 53 mins
4 St. George 09- 3 hrs 34 mins (qualifying time for Boston 3 hrs 20 mins)
This is right after I saw him run past us while I videotaped him and then fumbled around with the camera to take a picture. He's in the blue shirt.






5 comments:
Oh my goodness. Those are gorgeous pictures. I want to be there, right now.
Wow. I was just reading about the Riverside Walk in Family Fun magazine and thought it sounded perfect. I think we will plan on taking the bigger kids there when we vacation in Springdale next summer with all the Olson clan. Your photos are gorgeous! You really are talented. Again, congrats to Dana! That's so cool to see the progression too.
It's great for little kids too! It's even wheelchair/stroller accessible.
Dang. You even went to Zion? The Emerald Pools Hike is the one I wanted to do with your kids this summer. They would love it. We've got to do it next time you are here. When we did Angles Landing a year ago there were kids Holly's age doing it. Bubba and I are thinking about going down there in about a week to get one last visit in this year. (We love our pass.)
I would LOVE for you guys to move to St. George, now please!
Dana is amazing.
Thos pictures are so amazing! What a wonderful trip for the family! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!
Post a Comment