Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Simple Moment of Joy...

...watching my little guy run down the hill to me after school. I hope for, and anticipate, this moment each day.
If he's running, he has good news. He cannot wait to get to me to tell me. He had a GREAT day at school :) His teacher wrote "fantastic" on his agenda with TWO smiley stamps.
I don't know who's happier- me or him. I squeeze him tight, I look into those happy brown eyes. I see him for all his potential and possibly get just a little glimpse into the way our Father sees him and all His children.

I say a silent prayer to thank Him for trusting me with a few of His special spirits.

Eli, I love you so....my heart may burst.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Kate!! You are such a good writer! Thanks for the help with the width of the blog. I finally think I got it figured out. Do you always upload your pictures to photobucket now? or do you resize them some other way?

Way to go Eli, glad things are on the up!!

Shannon said...

Such a cute boy! I know what you mean about seeing him as a little spirit of our Father in Heaven. Glad he is doing so well in school too. That's great!

kkerr said...

What a sweet post!

Jodie said...

Katie,

This post made me have a lump in my throat. It so reminded me of my Josh-he's 6 now. He's just A JOY to me. With all the struggles with Jake-he's been home all week, had some bad seizures on Monday at school-Heavenly Father knew that Josh would be a little bit of what heaven will be like. Thank you so much for writing about your simplist, but your very sweetest, moments of motherhood. They really touch me. I love you friend,
Jodie