7 years ago...
It was May, it was 2002. It was the worst month I've ever known. Eli was just a baby starting out his life when yours slipped away. But we keep you in our hearts.
At first I didn't want to talk about you because it really hurt. Now I know that it's better to think of you and cry a little and then feel happy and grateful I was your daughter. I'll be your daughter forever. We all cherish our memories of you. We talk about them and laugh.
Thank you for giving me part of you. Thanks for teaching me and loving me.
Gosh I miss you.
Until we meet again- my father and friend.
me and dad 1979
8 comments:
I've really been missing Dad the last few days too. That time of year again. I remember when he used to say, "Bal, you're the best." Dad, you were the best.
It is that time! Tomorrow it will be 7 years, weird that it has been so long. Yet it seems like yesterday that he was hanging out with us making funny comments under his breath. I wish the kids knew him. Great post Kate!
What a sweet post Katie. I wish I had read this before I saw you at church today. How great to have been the daughter of a man so good.
It is good to shed a tear or two and to remember. Thank you so much for posting your thoughts. Your Dad was amazing and I always looked up to him and still miss him too.
Oh Katie. I so remember this time for you! I can't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. That is so weird that it has been 7 years ago this time. I wish I would have known him, but I will never forget learning so much about that great man at his memorial. Love you and I am so glad you have such great memories!
love, me
Your dad sounds like such a good person, and I'm glad you are remembering him, despite the tears. I'm sure he is so proud of you and the family you are raising.
I love your sweet post.
I just saw this Kate. Thanks, it does feel good to remember-tears for me, too. It seemed to be special this year. I know he's watching and still loving us all, and we'll all be together again, in the Lord's own time. Love you!
Post a Comment