Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Girl

The inevitable has happened and Holly got her hair chopped. I stalled her as long as I could. But I must say, the part of me that felt like I couldn't handle another morning of crying and whining after I said the words "Time to fix hair", is really loving it.


I'm going to miss her long hair but she LOVES it and that's what counts.

Dana kept saying "She's gonna look older.." and he was right don't you think?

*just wanted to add a little note of something funny she says: When she's eating she'll frequently say- "Mom! I ate a single bite!" Which, of course, is a result of me saying to her- "Holly, you haven't even eaten a single bite!" funny girl :)

8 comments:

Melanie said...

It looks adorable! She's such a cutie! She seems to be happy with it too. Interestingly, I just chopped several inches off of Brynn's hair on Monday (due to the dreaded screaming and crying morning hair routine).

Shannon said...

I love her new hair. So cute! She is a beautiful little girl. It does make her look a little more mature, but that's the way it goes I guess. Our babies grow up.

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

I love it! She looks SO PRETTY! I hope your mornings are more peaceful now!

I am ready shave off my boys hair. They get so mad when I tell them its time to do their hair too! It literally takes me like 2 seconds. They are so rediculous!!!

Nicole said...

Your daughter is so cute! I hope you didn't tape a lock of her hair to the door like someone else I know! [;

Jill Ison said...

oh no! i loved those curly locks...

she is cute with her new do though...

Sally said...

Dana was SO right! She looks way older. Have to admit it makes me a little sad... She's still cute, of course, but she's made that inevitable transition to little girl.

Rhonda said...

I was just looking at pictures from today's preschool activities and realized that she and Julia have about the same length hair now (got the backs of them in the picture). I think her new cut is so darling. And we did the cuts for the same reason..less tangles and whining. Especially with summer and swimming coming.

Amy said...

I just have to add that I love doing these "grown-up haircuts" She does look older, but darling!