Every night before I go to bed, (which somehow always seems to be midnight or so) I take Holly to the bathroom. This enables her to make it until morning- thereby I save on pricey Pull-Ups, don't have to change the sheets, etc. You'd think I would not like this part of my ever extending bedtime routine, but there is a part of me that is fascinated by this little creature as I take her unconscious self to the bathroom every night. I pick her up and she is very floppy. And luckily, still very light. I look at her sweet face sleeping while I'm holding her-50% sweeter due to the sleep factor. I can kiss it with no adverse reaction. (He He). Her long brown curls hang down. Almost every night she is grinding her teeth. Something that I should probably mention to the dentist next time. I prop her up on the potty, usually a big gush follows, and we're done. Amazingly, she usually shows no signs of being awake.If her subconscious is pleased with the event she falls right back to sleep. If not, (sometimes due to something on her body getting bonked on a doorway or bedframe) it starts with a moan and then turns into a flow of irratated sounds- Kind of like "Molly" on the movie "Annie" when she's having a bad dream. I used to ask her what was wrong, but after many-a-time of that not helping the situation, I've learned that she's still asleep. So I stroke her hair or tickle her back and she stops and returns to peacefulness. It's pretty silly but it will be something I will miss one day. Thought I'd capture it.
4 comments:
No way! Not silly at all! You are finding joy in the ordinary day to day life and honestly it's those little things that help us bond so much more with those sweet little people even when they are completely unaware. I love to smooch my kids when they are sound asleep and play with their hair and hold their hands and just stare at those sweet little faces as they grind their teeth. :) This time is so precious because we'll never get it back. So glad you shared this Katie. Love those tender moments.
love, me
I love your blog! Isn't it so much fun to blog and to find other peoples' blogs? Weston is potty trained, but still sleeps in a Pullup and seems to be scared of sleeping in underwear. I haven't pushed it, but eventually he will need to be out of the pullups. I should enlist Ian (who always stays up until midnight) to try this tactic out. BTW I also just started reading Nie Nie's blog. It is wonderful and inspiring. It helps me remember my blessings too. Hope you don't mind me adding your blog to my sidebar. :)
I never noticed how incredibly green and gorgeous your eyes are. Just excuse me if I'm staring at them for a minute next time I see you. :) That is a darling picture of you and Holly.
Ummm, you are a much nicer mom than me at mid-night. Tee hee.
Post a Comment