First we went here for breakfast-
We've been wanting to try this little place in Oldtown Gilbert for a little while. It did not disappoint. It's a smaller place and is almost always full. Today (Thursday) at 9:30 we waited about 10 mins. But it was Soooo yummy. Big party in my tummy.We asked the people next to us if they'd take this picture. They were so nice and after talking for a couple minutes found out that it was her birthday too! They had a baby with them and asked if we had any kids. They almost fell out of their chairs when we said "four". So funny.
Here we are! My new facebook friend and I.
I love eating out for breakfast! Dana knows me well.
They give you a free cinnimon roll with cream cheese frosting on your birthday. It was very naughtylicious. I can't wait to go back to this place sometime.
Then off were off to the next surprise...
Horseback riding!This was so fun and something I've never really done before. It was like an hour and a half trail. It was right by Sauro Lake and so beautiful!
Here's our trail guide who was so funny. She really loves her job and told us everything there was to know on that trail. At the end she said she was 73! She looked about 55.
I was a little nervous at first but got used to it and even trotted at one point.
The amazing...the thoughtful...the greatest ever! 
Up on our high horses (Lavene and Bru-ha)
Thank you Dana! That was just such a fun surprise. A little sore on the bum after that long but definetly worth it.



11 comments:
Happy Birthday! Dana is such a sweetheart. You are indeed very blessed. Tomorrow will be fun!
Happy Birthday! That sounds like a fun day! Big brownie points for Dana. I'm glad you had such a special day!
What a fabulous birthday! What a great hubby to take the day off and spend it with you doing wonderful things. The day looked gorgeous too. Perfect for riding. I also love to go out to breakfast. It's so delish. That cinnamon roll looks right up my alley with all that extra frosting. Yum. I had no idea you and Amy shared a birthday! Are you exactly 2 years apart? That would be fun to get to celebrate together. You two are the cutest. What a fun fun day. I'm glad it made you feel so special! Happy Birthday!
Aww! Sounds like a most amazing day crafted by a most amazing husband. GO DANA! That is so awesome that he went out of his way to make it so special. There isn't anything like a day of knowing you are loved and cared for so deeply. I think that couple was probably surprised that you have four kids because you guys look SO young. I love these pictures of you guys. SO much happiness Katie. So glad you had the happiest of days my friend. Have fun with your friends today. love ya
Giddy-up. (click-click!)
Way to ride that horse. Love it. One of my favorite birthday memories is going on a trail ride with Dad down in the back hills of Los Angeles. I'm not sure how he felt getting his long legs into those stirrups, but I had a ball, and he was a great sport about it.
Dana is a stud. Good choice in that department.
Love you, miss you. Good talking to you yesterday. I ended up buying a sentsy. Hahaha!
Your hair looks so glamorous in all your pictures. I love it. Happy belated b-day.
Katie you look absolutely beauitiful in all of your pictures! Looks like a wonderful day! I am going to show Josh exactly what Dana did for you! Hopefully he will take notes! :)
I can't believe your 34. You look amazing!
That's so sweet of Dana to do all that for you. Im so glad you had a wonderful birthday. Wish I could go tonight. Dang cold! Seriously though I am jealous of your b-day. mine are never very cool.
Happy Happy Birthday Katie! (a little late). Oh my word that is SO sweet of Dana. What a great birthday to always remember. I need to try that breakfast place. It looks great.
And I was really glad you posted pictures of the Desert Botanical Garden since I had to miss Claire's field trip there last week. Now I feel like I went because you posted so many great pics.
Talk to you soon!
Wohoo!! What a lucky girl you are! That sounds like a fantastic birthday. :) Breakfast out is one of my all-time favorites too. So glad you had a great day!
(You and Amy are the cutest birthday girls I've seen!)
Love the new header. That shows me that Sadie truly does look like Holly...almost twin faces at that age. All darling kids!
I've been wanting to try that breakfast place in downtown Gilbert. Every time I drive by it's totally packed.
What a lucky girl you are to have a husband that makes every birthday so special. :)
Post a Comment