Friday, April 24, 2009

3 Little Readers

I love that my kids love reading! Here are their current books:

Emma just finished this yesterday and LOVED it. It's a kid version of the book. She was sad that he died at the end but then they get a new puppy in this version so it wasn't so sad.
These are great for transitioning to chapter books. Eli can't get enough of these illustrations. He reads with me next to him and every time he turns a page he looks at the picture for about a minute before he starts reading. Then he'll ask me a question about the picture and I say "Let's find out!". It's really cute. I love the way he becomes so entralled by stories.

Holly's preschool teacher, who is also a wonderful friend, sent this home with her. Holly was so excited to show it to me. It's a little hard to read but it basically says that Holly read it by herself with minimal help. I LOVE watching her learn so much.

Now I need to find a book! Any great recommendations?

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Had I known that would end up on your blog, I would have written much neater. :) I was in a hurry of course with all the kids. Holly is awesome though. She is really taking off with reading and you can tell she loves it. I love the book you posted for Eli. I haven't heard of those. I think I'll put it on hold at the library for Emily. I'm trying to transistion over to chapter books and she isn't that interested. Julia is more interested than she is. I can't wait until my kids can sit down and read a book by themselves. Not that I'm trying to rush time..certainly not.

Kate said...

Rhonda- Eli's on the 2nd one (I think there only 3), I would love to lend you the first one and you can see if she likes it.

Jill Ison said...

i didn't know they had a kid version of the marley book. I bought the main version and started reading it to the kids... well not one page into it I said... no no this isn't a kid book. lets find another. it was a bummer cuz i heard it was good. but my grandma called ranting about how horrible the movie was. Which is odd because i thought i heard it was good before that. i think maybe she's a granny and it was too much for her. plus she had a grandkid with her and it probably isnt a kid movie at all right?

Anyway... that great that your kids all love books. I have found that Kassidy in particular loves chapter books but she likes it when i read so she can just get lost in the story. But she's read far more chapter books on her own than I ever did. Reading is soooooo good.

Rhonda said...

Just had to re-state what I said about the Eli's book. I said I love the book and then said I haven't heard of it. I meant..I love what you said about it and the cover and would love to check into them.

Kate said...

I knew what you meant :) I also looked them up and found out there are 3 more. I think I'll have to add those to our collection.

Shannon said...

That is exciting. I can't wait for my kids to learn to love reading too. I think they already do. We do a lot of reading in our house. It's awesome that your kids are doing so well with it.

Sally said...

Geez, Sadie, get with it!