I'm fully aware that this is not nearly so exciting to anyone but me, but something about the kids enjoying food they picked from our backyard really puts a smile on my face. Partly because of the excitement they bring into the house with them when they're holding yet "another ripe one!". We've picked about 10 grapefruits now from our mini little tree and there's still more. Look out for this tree when it's grown up!

I feel pretty lucky the kids like them because even though I like them too, I know grapefruits aren't loved by all.


And now even Sadie enjoys then until the last drop is gone. Just shows that persistance can pay off with babies- or toddlers. If you missed Part 1- it was not love at first taste for Sadie. Also, if you did, don't go finding it. It was even less exciting than this post :)
5 comments:
mmmm i LOVE grapefruit!!!!! when it's all grown up i'm commin' to your house to pick me some fruit. LOVE IT! LOVE that your kids love it, that really is rare cause it's such a aquired taste. :)
Ooooo, we're so jealous! Delicious fresh grapefruit from your own backyard?!?!? YUMMY
so what your saying is that i can't pawn any of the millions of yummy grapefruit hanging there on my tree waiting to rot and die off on you??
how bout lemons? you need lemons?
I actually have been meaning to come pick some lemons!
That one of Holly with the spoon in her mouth is so cute. I love her huge eyes there.
Post a Comment