Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Lion King

Thurday night we dropped Sadie off at Amy's house and drove to Tempe. We didn't tell the kids where we were going until we were in the car and they were soooooo excited when we finally told them. That was so fun:) We went to see the Lion King at the Gammage Theater at ASU. I wasn't totally sure how they would do, but they were all just mesmerized by it. Eli was literally sitting on the edge of his seat the through the whole thing. Emma kept thanking me the whole time and pointing out things she thought were really awesome. Holly sat on my lap and I loved snuggling her. They all LOVED it. Dana and I saw it in California when Emma was a baby but we both liked it so much more this time seeing it through their eyes.
Emma has issues with keeping her eyes open during the flash. I think it's the anticipation.
I can usually just take more pictures until we get a good one, but a lady came up and told me I'm not "allowed" to take pictures in there- even if the shows' not going. Sooo I obeyed the rules and put it away.
We had the best time! I highly recommend the show.

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Katie, this looks so fun! Tons of people I know have gone lately and we've never seen it! I've heard it is a must see. That is so fun that you surprised the kids. I love doing stuff like that. So cute to picture Eli on the edge of his seat. Glad you had a fun night!
love, me

Melanie said...

How fun! I love that you got pictures of your excited kids waiting to see it too (even if you weren't technically supposed to---heehee)! We need to do another Barros lunch or something!