Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Ummm...where's Holly?"

During the week after we pick up Emma and Eli from school, we have our little after school routine. This entails a snack and then homework time. Putting it off doesn't work well around here so we hit it quick and get it done. This is also the time of day that Holly dreads. Sadie does too but just isn't quite as verbal about it yet. Holly wants to play with her big brother and sister that she's missed all day. She's pretty good about playing with Sadie but sometimes just plays by herself.

Well last week I guess she decided to play hide and seek by herself. After I hadn't seen or heard her for awhile I started calling her and looking around the house. We looked everywhere we could think. The front door was locked and the garage was shut so I wasn't panicking but was getting nervous. I was yelling her name and threatening things like never-ending time-outs if she didn't make herself seen- things I knew she would respond to if she could hear me. LUCKILY Emma saw this...
I don't think I would've found her.
I guess it was a little too comfy laying on the mound of dress-up clothes. And nice and dark with the lid she pulled on herself :)
She woke up and was confused that we were all standing around her. Funny girl. She also added that she wasn't really asleep. Just laying in there until homework time was done.

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Aww! So cute! Poor Holly. Soon enough it will be her turn to do homework and go to school. :)
love, me

Jill Ison said...

i actually remember a similar experience with holly asleep at your house a couple years ago. do you remember that?

Kate said...

That was actually Emma. She fell asleep under a pile of clothes with a boppy around her head and all that was showing was her face. I was totally reminded of that this time too!

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness, that is funny and scary. I can't believe she could fall asleep in there. Makes a great story.