I have felt so extremely blessed the past couple of days. At the risk of sounding like a blog that "seriously so blessed" could mock, I'll tell you why. I think motherhood, like life, has ups and downs. There are days when you feel like you may die or go crazy at least if you don't get out. And many other days where you just follow the routine of your life without too much thought. But then there are some that make your heart feel like it will burst. When you just want to stop and hold those little kids. When you see your kids and all their worth and purity and goodness and potential. A glimpse of how Heavenly Father sees all of his children.
Emma reading a book to everyone tonight.

Happily, Heavenly Father has given a few of those days to me lately! My sweet little Holly has randomly started saying "I love you mom" out of the blue. It gets me everytime. I stop whatever I'm doing, look at her and tell how sweet she is, thank her for telling me that, and tell her how much I love her too. Today she started saying "I love you sooooo much mom" and giving me big hugs. She's been playing with Sadie and being so sweet to her.

Last night as I was tucking Eli in he said with alot of sincerity,"Mom, I love you." I dug my arms underneath him and hugged him and said "thank you so much my sweet boy". Then he added "I love you with ALL my heart." Boy my tears sure came quick after that. Compared to my girls, Eli just doesn't express himself too often and those words meant
so much to me.

Emma has joined in saying "I love you" and "thank you" frequently. She makes up games and includes everyone. She LOVES Sadie and lets her play too. She constantly helps me. I'm so grateful to have her as the oldest child.

I know I will have the other kinds of days again, but these special days are the ones that I want to document and remember and keep close to my heart. And hopefully have enough patience and perspective to get through the not so great days with a happy heart. What a blessing to be a mother.
9 comments:
LOVE those kinds of days.
I love that you take the time to stop and recognize the good. You are a great mom.
Those I love yous are just the best. Julia is the one that says it frequently here. She tells me many times a day that she "loves me so much", just like Holly. It melts my heart. Emily only says it when I say it to her first. Daniel is just starting to say it back. I hope to still here it when they are in their teens.
Ok...not here it...hear it. I do know the difference.
Soo cute! Those days really do make a difference in motherhood! They truly are heaven sent to keep it all in perspective.
Priceless Katie! I wonder if those sweet kids know the power those moments have on us. I love 'em!
love, me
Oh Katie I love this post. It's so true. We've got to hold on to these great days with all our might so that we can remember them on the tough days. I just caught up on all your latest posts...so many awesome pictures and thoughts. I love it.
Oh and I love the leaf pictures too and Amy did such an awesome job on the big family ones!
seriously so sweet. i love the pictures.
Post a Comment