Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Utah

Here are some of my favorite pictures from our annual post-Christmas trip to Utah:

On our way to Vegas (very late) Sadie kept crying that she couldn't lay down. I was glad to see she worked it out... On our way to go sledding...
Got a little (lot) of help from Uncle Dean and Drew- just returned home from his mission.

Safe to say the kids had a GREAT time sledding. They all said it was their favorite part on our drive back home. Eli added "and presents".
It was beautiful. Cold, but not as cold as it usually is :)

Sadie, Holly, Eli
Holly, Laci, Emma

My favorite part was going to Salt Lake and seeing the lights. We never made it to the Mesa temple this year so it was perfect.
We went on NYE which is Dana's birthday. For the second year in a row I forgot his birthday for a few hours in the morning. I totally lose track of time on vacation. Yeah, I felt like an awesome wife. Luckily Dana is extremely sweet and forgiving and quite remarkable at looking past my flaws.

There happened to be free shows going on all over the place. This one was meant to be- bagpipes and Scottish dancers just for Dana! (He served his mission in Scotland). After a few pictures, I was told to put my camera away.
Last, our big group went to Yogurtland (my first time and better than expected) and when they closed we went over to Smashburger (also a first. Smash fries- YUM!). This is Dana's whole family besides Luke on his mission and Dale's wife Kim and daughter Rhianna.
Dana came and kissed me at midnight and I felt like a lucky girl ringing in 2012 with him. I got the kids from downstairs and handed them all pots and pans with spoons like I always did as a kid. They banged them outside and shivered in their pajamas and kept giving me looks like "now what?". I just smiled and yelled "Happy New Year"!!! Doesn't 2012 just sound like an awesome year?

6 comments:

Sally said...

That's funny about the pots and pans. We had Randa come down and hang out with us for New Year's and we talked about doing that. We had to explain to Eter, and I don't think it sounded that appealing to him. He's used to fireworks and firecrackers all night long.
Looks like you guys had fun. Mostly this makes me so glad I don't live in snow anymore. But one day of sledding sounds perfect!

Carrie said...

Fun! I did the pots and pans as a kid, too. Jeff and I opted not to this year :) and smash burger is amazing! But I finally tried Five Guys and I would have to say its much better!

Alex said...

I'm 95% sure I could Yogurtland everyday for the rest of my life. Actually 97.5%. Delish

Shawni said...

sounds like such a fun trip. happy birthday to dana!

Jill Ison said...

i really love that pic of your kids with the temple behind them. so pretty.

Jill Ison said...

yogurtland. candy buffet. kids. licking. reaching. sneezing. yum.