So, being a girl that likes accomplishing my goals (and tired of failure), I had a great idea for ensuring success. I asked Emma if she wanted to have scripture study with me every single night of the year-even on vacations. She'll be turning 12 in about a month and starting YW's so it will help start her on the right track with Personal Progress too! Pretty brilliant right?
So far, we've been loving our little one-on-one time at night :) I'm going to try and come up with ways to make it fun throughout the year. I know our testimonies will grow and I love knowing that this year, as she grows, changes, starts Jr High (!!it can't be!!), we'll always have quiet time at night to talk and reflect. Hopefully it will help us keep our close relationship (I was NOT a fun child at 12 and my mother can vouch for that). Also, help her maintain perspective and be spiritually armed for whatever comes her way.
I could always use more of that myself.
So I'll be reporting back in a year!
What's your resolution for 2012?
4 comments:
That sounds like a great goal Katie. I'm always setting a goal to be a better scripture reader. Like you, I do it with the family but not so great on my own. I bet that time for you and Emma will be super. Sure miss seeing you guys at church. :(
Thanks Rhonda- we miss you too!
That is a wonderful way to study the scriptures. Liz made the goal to read the BofM before she turns 8 in June-we started in September. I said I would do it with her and it has really helped keep us both accountable. We aren't quite to the point of studying together, but we do talk about what we have read. I will have to keep this idea in mind for the future. ;)
Such a good idea Kate. Partners helps for just about everything. I can't believe Emma is SO BIG!!!
Post a Comment