Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Big Stories at Our House

I registered someone for Kindergarten today...I'm trying to wrap my mind around that one.
Holly had her first piano lesson. She LOVES it so far (she's told me so herself 3+ times). It worked out great because while Miranda's in Italy, we get to borrow her keyboard, giving us 6 months to find a real piano. Holly also just began gymnastics and Sadie's taking a little hiatus. (aka 2 girls in gymnastics=notinthebudget).
Dana had a BIG event at work he was in charge of. It was stressful and all consuming. He slept alot for 3 days or so afterward trying to recoup the hours he missed. It went great though and he got lots of kudos at work.
But, he still took the time afterward to take on a little project that Eli was begging him to help with. He amazes me at his willingness to do things like this all the time. Eli really wanted to make a trap. Dana looked on you tube and found a good one that wasn't too complex, and they built it together.
Of course immediately they started looking for willing subjects. Or even not so willing. Who's picky, really, when wanting to test out a new trap. Unfortunately, Pepper isn't one to be coerced and he would have no part of that bowl of tuna.
Onto poor Scout who is a helpless victim to his nose and stomach. He does not hesitate when there is unguarded food in the vicinity- whether there is a suspicious feeling in the air (brought on by a group of onlookers whispering and giggling) or not. Surprisingly, the trap actually works really well. He wasn't happy about it, but I have a feeling it was still worth it for him (later proven by the fact that he was "trapped" 3 more times).
The best subjects ended up being kids who want to get trapped. Repeatedly.
They've been having fun playing with it for a couple days now. I hope they know how lucky they are to have such a fun dad :)

I can't believe we're onto the second half of school already with 100 days of school right around the corner! I really like his school year and kinda want it to slow down.

Lastly, my calling. Let's just say I'm considering a prescription for anxiety pills.....
on second thought let's leave this perfectly good blog post alone :)

5 comments:

Jimbogun said...

Wow! Lots of fun happenings at your house these days! I love the trap. Dana is a super fun dad to take the time to do that.

Melanie said...

That is so crazy that Sadie is registering for kindergarten. It seems like we were just in the newborn days with her and Collin! Its fun to see what you all are up to. That trap is so cool!

Shannon said...

Sounds like busy, fun times in the Kleven house. I love that Eli and Dana built a trap! SUCH a boy thing to want to do. I love all the pictures of the cute "victims" too. :)

Jill Ison said...

yeah! YEAH! lots of good stories.

Rhonda said...

Seems like I was just talking to you about all the worries with Sadie being to small when you were pregnant. Now she is registered for kindergarten. Time is going too fast. I sure love that little doll and miss seeing all of you. Cool trap too. Daniel would love to build one of those but I'm afraid Bailey would be the victim and she would be freaked out.