Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sadie Turns 8

Sadie REALLY wanted to have a birthday party this year. Since she's our baby and getting older I realized this would be one of our last "easy" themed parties at home. And I even had Pinterest to help me! She wanted to have animal theme. Most animal themed party ideas were more geared towards babies, but I was able to to get enough ideas to make it cute. I just didn't get enough pictures of everything!

First off, on the invite, we said they could dress up or bring a favorite stuffed animal.
I also found some cute animal themed snack ideas :)
 
I wish I had gotten more pics of the food table cause it was pretty cute.

When the girls came in they started a craft.
 

And they took turns getting their faces painted by my awesome helpers, Emma and Jane.
 


Here are the party guests...
 

We played an animal rescue relay which I kind of made up. The girls had to rescue their wolf that was frozen in the tundra by filling up a big cup and running and pouring water on them.
 
The girls liked it, but it did take a little longer then expected to get the wolf out :)

I think there was another activity (this is the problem with not blogging about something right away!) but of course we also did presents and cake.
 

(Jane went a little crazy on Sadie's face paint- but Sadie was happy so that's what counts!)

Then the girls got to play and jump on the tramp- which may have been their favorite part...
 
Another fun birthday party :)

Happy birthday to our Sadie-boo! Eight is such a special one and we were so excited for her upcoming baptism!

No comments: