Anyway, Dana got lucky at a yard sale (per usual with Dana) and scored this long board for like $10.

It rode really nicely but as you can see, not super cute.
So Dana decided to take every minute he could when Emma was out of the house and refinish it and make it cute. So he looked at some ideas online and came up with a design. He had to take off the wheels and sand down the wood and make it really smooth first, which was a lot of work. Then he started painting it.


He had to let sections dry and then paint the new sections one at a time. This is the underside. Have I mentioned the kids don't get their artistic skills from me?

The big chunk of time Dana got while Emma was at youth conference...

...gave Dana the opportunity to get it all finished up.
It turned out awesome and I think Dana was just as excited to give it to Emma as she was to receive it! He could not wait. And as you can see- she was pretty happy and completely surprised!

And I'm happy to report that she rides it almost everyday. She also plays her guitar she got for Christmas almost everyday too :)
She also got picked up from school and taken out to lunch :)

And my brilliant idea to frost warm brownies and serve it with ice cream didn't work out so well with
blowing out the candles...

#momfail.
I'm convinced Emma is the the most even, easy to live with, sweet, kind-hearted fifteen year old within a 10 mile radius. We are so lucky to have her!
2 comments:
Wow that's really cool. I didn't know O'Cappy was making longboards now...Can't believe Emma is 15!
That longboard turned out amazing!! Go Dana! So awesome. And Emma is looking so much older these days!
Post a Comment