Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012

Oh man was I tired Christmas morning. But in no time I remembered why those monkeys wearing monkeys jumping on our bed were so, so excited. Christmas morning- every kid's favorite day of the year. It's pretty sweet as a parent too. The fruition of all that time, hard work, and planning. We couldn't wait to see them open their presents. So, we stretched and yawned and began our annual rituals of torturing the kids: trudging to the bathroom, getting out the cameras, and oh ya...that one last thing I forgot to get....as the kids bounce off the hallway walls and beg us to hurry. :)

Here's our line-up this year from youngest to oldest.
(We all sure loved having those 2 sleepyheads in the back there)


This year's Santa gifts were just what they wanted and they all seemed pleased.
Sadie and her doll "Caroline".

Holly and "Rebecca"

Eli wanted a "B-B gun" more than anything. I'm glad Santa brought an air-soft gun because the pellets are plastic so they're a little less dangerous if they do hit a person (so far so good on that). And the set came with 2 so he and Dana have been practicing shooting a lot together.
I think Emma's happy with her Nano :)


The kids get one thing from Santa (plus stocking) and 1 thing from us. We got Holly 5 books in a box. We had found kid versions of classics at Walmart and they are perfect for her! For the first few days after Christmas this is what we saw when we looked at her.

My mom gave us the best gift ever--- A Vitamix!!! Seriously it is so amazing. We love it so much!

T'was a very Merry Christmas indeed  and we feel very blessed :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Christmas with kids really is so fun. Looks like your family had a wonderful holiday!

Shawni said...

so fun. miss u guys!