Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Birthday Love

Dana's birthday came around on NYE as it normally does. It was so fun because this year we were home for it! Being up in Utah as we typically are, I can never keep track of the days, and we're also running on the whole group's agenda. I have a hard time remembering his birthday up there, let alone making it special. So even though we were still recovering from Christmas like the rest of the world, I tried my best to make it a great day.

He started out his birthday by sleeping-in. A perfect start in my book. He's such a hard-worker and it seems like he struggles to relax sometimes. There's always something in the back of his mind calling his name that he should be doing. When I started to notice he was stirring, the kids brought in their home-made love notes. I told them over and over to be extra sweet for his birthday and they did a good job all day. Next we went to his free breakfast at Liberty Market. Mmmm..


Then we ran a couple errands that ended up with a surprise massage for him at "Massage Envy". And lastly, that night I planned a little dinner get-together with some couples at "Oreganos" and then planned to go to a movie afterward to see "Lincoln" or "Skyfall". For some reason "Oreganos" had a crazy night and didn't get us our food for an hour. We saw some friends there that waited 2 hours! But it was yummy when it finally arrived and he did get his free Pizookie for his birthday.

By the time we were done we decided to skip the movie in favor of relaxing with the kids and Dan and Amy's family. He made his birthday wishes and had some cake...

(You can't tell but the candles were supposed to look like two 4's)


Then we did some fireworks out front...


The kids were ALLexcited, but the boys, without a doubt, the most.



We watched "Enchanted" and the Times Square Ball without Dick Clark. And all 7 of the kids made it to midnight to welcome the New Year. The kids banged pots and pans, we quickly drank some sparkling grape juice, and I kissed my sweetie for the first time in 2013. In a minute, Dana's birthday ended and a brand new year began :) I could get all mushy about Dana but I'll spare you. Let's just say that I'm very, very blessed. I'm quite certain it doesn't get any better. I think he had a good one. Here's to a happy, healthy 2013!!!

1 comment:

joyous said...

Love all the Christmas and New Year's fun!!! Since I have been slacking at blogging, I haven't been keeping up quite as well. Hopefully, that's all going to change in 2013. ;)

My question is: how did you decide who got Grandma and Auntie for Christmas Eve/morning??!?!!?