Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Resolutions

Last night we finally had our FHE on New Years Resolutions. What? You haven't heard of Family Night on Tues? Well, I might as well confess it was also our first FHE of 2013. Life picked up right where it left off before Christmas break and Mondays are our busiest day of the week. We are now officially going to start having Sunday FHE. Now that our church time is 8 AM, it suddenly feels like we have lots of time on Sunday (a BEAUTIFUL thing!). Emma and I even rejoined the ward choir last week. Our first performance is a week from Sunday in case you're interested. :) Resolution #1...

#1 Faithfully have FHE every Sunday

#2 Be a better budgeter

#3 Continue to have personal scripture reading every night

You may recall I had this resolution last year and had the brilliant idea of bringing my 12 yr old in on it to keep me honest. Well I'm happy to report that it worked! We finished the New Testament last week. It was really neat to read and prompted many spiritual talks between the two of us. There were things I didn't really get and I wish I would've had a study guide to go along with it. I think we're going to pick a new book of scripture for this year but I'm going to make sure to have a guide to give us insights. She wants to do the B of M and I kinda want the D & C since that's what we're studying in church this year, so we'll see.

#4 Be a better homemaker

Now that my baby's in Kindergarten half the school day, I have a little more time to myself. I want to be better about have a dinner planned esp. on the really busy days and also spend more time organizing different areas of the house. Oh and the cleaning thing...

#5 Read good books

I'm pretty much cheating making this a resolution since I'm in a book club now and will be reading good books for it. But it's a noble to goal to have anyway. Last month we read "Magnificent Obsession" by Lloyd Douglas. It is amazing. I loved it--one of my favorite books forever. This month we're reading "These is My Words" and I'm really excited :)

Here are some of the kids' goals. Emma- get straight A's (love that one!) Eli- better attitude and cut back on craziness. Holly- get to "Firecrackers" in gymnastics, and Sadie- stop sucking thumb during the day. I need to make her a sticker chart for that too.

So there they are. In "ink" so to speak, standing their ground in bold and large print. I shall report next year- even if it's the 15th rather than the 1st :)

1 comment:

Sally said...

Eli's and Sadie's were my favorites! I read this a long time ago but never commented. But I even told Eter and Mom and those.