Hearing them sing that beautiful primary song and feeling the Spirit in that room, my watery eyes overflowed and I knew I was in trouble the rest of the day. My heart was so full.
Then we got Holly changed and ready to go.
She wore the small jumpsuit and then we had to roll up the bottom just a bit.
The chapel portion was so perfect. My friend Annette gave a great talk comparing the different bells the kids hear at school to life: the bell telling them to come back to class, the tardy bell, and best of all- the bell to go home at the end of the day. There were only 2 kids in our newly split stake getting baptized but it was nice because we had the whole room to ourselves once we split off.
Walking from the chapel to the font. Blurry, but I love this one.
After her baptism ordinance I ran around to the bathroom to try and be there as she stepped out of the font. I got there just after and she was just glowing and had an ear-to-ear smile. I said something like "How do you feel? Was that neat?" She nodded and said "Yeah" with her big smile. It was so sweet. A moment to remember for sure.
Our musical number before the Confirmation.
Afterward, we found a shady spot outside the building and I got some super adorable pictures.
Holly and her sweet friend.
They went to THREE baptisms that Saturday so we felt pretty lucky to be part of their busy day.
Picture with the grandma's (always one of my favorites!)
Sally and baby James :)
Dad, g'pa, and uncle Dan
Her special keepsake.
She loves her cousin Dall :)
Me and my girl!
The whole group-
And finally, the luncheon, which I had so much help with. I was able to try out my "free" recipes (as in dairy "free"), while everyone else helped bring the regular stuff.
Thank you everyone for helping make her day so special!














2 comments:
Well done Holly, I'm sure that our Heavenly Father is celebrating about your baptism. My eldest daughter (6yo) has currently gained her own testimony and it makes me very happy to know that she wants to get baptised, just like you did. Baptism is so important, it's another way we show our Heavenly Father that we love him so much. All the best Holly, enjoy the constant company of one my best friends (the Holy Ghost).
Well done from your Brothers and Sisters from Australia
The Troncoso family
So sweet. I teared up just reading about it. Holly is quite adorable too with her front teeth missing. ;) What a special day for you and your family!
Post a Comment