I would love to remember September- so since we're into October (and October is going to be a whirlwind), I'm posting a few things that kept us busy.
I've been slowly but surely organizing our pantry. I still need to acquire many more containers, but I love them so far. With our new eating habits, it wasn't really working having piles of bags of bulk items from "Sprouts" and always having to go exploring to find what I was looking for.
I bought millions of peaches from the Utah Fruit Lady. (One box for Amy). We're still enjoying them. So there's another good thing about Utah!
I've been spending more time figuring out what to make my family for dinner with our no eggs, no dairy, no gluten diet and set-up this VERY basic
blog. I'll periodically add recipes that we love. I figured it'd be convenient to have online for myself and anyone else that asks me for a recipe.
Overall, the diet's going great. Emma even admitted to me last night that she's enjoying not getting stomach aches anymore and way less headaches. Last night we tested her banana allergy with a green smoothie and she got a mild stomach upset.
Spent some time helping Amy and Co. move to their new house.
We miss having them right by us already but are so happy for them that they have more space. :) They've been working hard and making it super cute. Guess we'll have to get used to driving a couple miles to see them instead of a couple blocks.
We had a yard sale as a result of our efforts to be more organized.
Dana and I spent parts of 3 Saturdays painting baseboards.
I tried my hand at making a "design flowe-a" and made my girl really happy :).
Eli's trumpet playing is sounding less and less like a dying goose.
I went shopping to get some pants that fit and to console my myself after losing half my hair (you think I kid). Apparently losing 15 lbs in 2 or 3 weeks isn't really the best way to do it. At least not according to hair folicles. Thankfully, it's stopped and it seems I won't be totally bald as I started to think I would. Soon I will have small hairs coming in and sticking straight up all over my head. But I'm grateful for where my health is right now. I'm thankful for the knowledge I've gotten about food and how I can help myself with it. I like the way my body looks better now too even though I wasn't trying to change it.
It kinda looks like I'm sassing in up in this picture.....Ok I guess I am kind of sassing it up. But who doesn't like getting new clothes :)
And last but not least- I got an iphone!!!! It's not the "5" but I was happy to pay $100 less and not have to wait a month to get it.
And I'm so happy it's October. We have General Conference this weekend and it will be the first time in 4 yrs. we'll be home to enjoy it since Dana's not running the St. George marathon this year. And Holly's 8th birthday is Sunday! And the following Saturday she's getting baptized and so many loved ones will be there. It warms my heart to think about how many family members love my children. There's nothing better than family time in my book. Then we have fall break, the air is getting cool, and Halloween....I mean seriously, can it get any better?
4 comments:
Wow, you guys have been busy! I so admire your dedication to your health and nutrition! And I love seeing pics and updates on those cute kiddos of yours!
Bummer about Amy moving further away, but still nice that she's not too far. :) Looks like you are doing all kind of ambitious things! I often have goals like that but don't take the time, effort, or funds to really make them happen, so I'm impressed! And inspired. Not enough to go egg/dairy/gluten free just yet, but definitely to start whipping this family of mine into shape. Enjoy your fantastic October!
Clear square containers! Did I inspire that? Did I tell you my feelings on why they are the BEST containers. Well, they are so well done.
So much good stuff going on! I know, I can't wait for fall. It was just a tad cool this morning when I went walking with James. I even put a sweatshirt on him because I always remember what you told me about how moms assume their babies are the same temperature as they are even if they are exercising and the baby is not. Whew! Long sentence. Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment