Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Birthday for Holly

Holly's special birthday has come and gone. The big day landed on Conference Sunday this year which was quite nice. The day before we took the kids to Makutu's Island (same as last year but that's pretty much her favorite place and we ran out of time to plan a friend party) so we had played and were all set for relaxing!

Outside of Makutus (ya this was a dress yourself and day-old hair day:)

Birthday morning!

Presents! What Holly wanted more than anything was a sketchbook like Emma has. A book with blank pages?
Yep. I aim to please :)

She also got a card from Eli, a geode from Emma and I believe it was 9 cents from Sadie. She was very gracious with every present. Even to Sadie she said "Wow! Thank you so much Sadie!"

For Conference this year I tried to think of a few things to do besides just the "Conference packet". Someone on FB said they get out their big puzzles. So we did the biggest we had, which weren't really "big", but it was still fun.

And then we did a few pages from a Conference packet :)

Oh and don't forgot snoozing here and there...

I can't stop thinking about the missionary announcement! It's really going to change things. Seems like the amount of girls that go will double at least. It would have been a really easy decision for me if I could have gone at 19. I was dying to get away and not be tortured with memories of my missionary anymore :) BUT I wouldn't have had a missionary because when I got to BYU it would have been all RM's right? It's just going to be so interesting to see all the changes in our little Mormon culture. I like being part of history.

But back to the girl of the post here.
After Conference I tried my hand at making some cupcakes we could all eat, which meant gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free. They were extremely chocolatey (not my favorite but they weren't for me anyway right?) but other than that very yummy! I also bought my first dairy-free chocolate chips which are better than normal ones btw.

Campbell's birthday (she turned 5) is the the day before Holly's so we got together for a little cake and ice cream.

MMmmmmm!

And one more present from the cousins--sea monkeys. I'll let you know how those work out.
Happy 8th Birthday to one AMAZING girl. We love you Holly SOOOOOOO much!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday to Holly! What a sweet family you have! You are such a good mom! You inspired me to try out a gluten free diet for awhile and see if it helps with some health issues I've been having. I am 12 days in and doing pretty good. Those cupcakes do look very tasty--I might have to get that recipe from you too. I am missing the occasional baked goods.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Looks like she had a fun time. I always love the lazy relaxing time with family during Conference Weekend. Your cupcakes do look yummy! I'm so impressed with your commitment to your diet changes. Way to go!