Anyway, onto our amazing 11-yr old. Emma! She's growing up and I'm trying real hard to accept that. I have to say I do enjoy "big-girl" conversation. Emma's a great helper with things around the house. Also this year in 6th grade her teacher is really trying prepare them for Jr. High. She's really been good about keeping on top of homework, flute practicing, reading, finding current events, and just getting things done without reminders. She also has a little job babysitting for one my good friends while she teaches piano once a week, plus tennis, and activity days.
All the kids in her class had to do this at the beginning of the year. I thought her self-portrait was so cute. So this is about her in her own words. (The part you can't read at the bottom says "What bugs me most about school is math tests")
She loves to draw and has gotten to be a good little artist.
So that's my girl. She's doing a great job in life and I'm so grateful to have her. She's saving her money to pay half for her mommy/daughter "12 yr old trip" next year. Totally different from Amy's 11-yr old trip idea :). We're trying to figure out where we're going to go. Any great ideas?
All the kids in her class had to do this at the beginning of the year. I thought her self-portrait was so cute. So this is about her in her own words. (The part you can't read at the bottom says "What bugs me most about school is math tests")
She loves to draw and has gotten to be a good little artist.
So that's my girl. She's doing a great job in life and I'm so grateful to have her. She's saving her money to pay half for her mommy/daughter "12 yr old trip" next year. Totally different from Amy's 11-yr old trip idea :). We're trying to figure out where we're going to go. Any great ideas?P.S. I don't mind if you whine on your blog I'm just stating why I try not to on mine and why I think people's blogs in general appear to be trying to paint a perfect picture.
5 comments:
Love it! I feel that my blog is a journal. It is important to record the ups and the downs of life (that's reality). But as my kids get older I am trying to keep it all about the positive things they do and say. I don't mind writing my mistakes, but I don't want to betray their trust by publishing their mistakes all over the internet. It's a fine line. :)
Love your post about Emma. Her self-portrait is awesome too. She sounds so grown up with all those responsibilities/activities going on. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your '12 year old' trip. (And you know I'm totally stealing that idea too!)
I just love Emma.
I've always thought emma was a really fantastic picture maker. i love that wall of art in your house.
Joy- I feel the same way. I like blogs to be a reflection of life but I try to focus more on the positive. Maybe I didn't word it right but hopefully everyone gets what I'm trying to say :)
wow she is an amazing artist!!
Post a Comment