Can you see him 4th back? It's so exciting when I spot him each year. Go Dana!!! This is as close-up as I got with my camera during the race because then I had to get ready to give him his requested "ice cold water" to pour on his head and to grab his water pack. Boy I'm a good wifey.
Emma, Hailey, Holly, Sadie, Eli, and Christian are all expert helpers at this water station. Sadie was the only one who diligently followed the rules and stayed behind the line. I was laughing because she just kept saying "water....water....water" from down where her reach is and standing further back. She did manage to give out 2 waters though and was super excited each time.
After awhile the trash piles up and it's a good task to keep the road clear. Somehow Eli got a hold of one of the brooms at some point.
Dana's cousin came in about an hour and half after him this time so Dana got a pretty lengthy recovery time before we found him just so....
He was in alot of pain. He pushed himself so hard. He was trying for 3:15 because Boston is moving their qualifying times up 5 mins and registration for next year was about a month ago. So he actually won't be able to run it (as far as we understand) year after next with his time. But he's not sad because it was such a huge feat to even get the time he got.
Emma, Hailey, Holly, Sadie, Eli, and Christian are all expert helpers at this water station. Sadie was the only one who diligently followed the rules and stayed behind the line. I was laughing because she just kept saying "water....water....water" from down where her reach is and standing further back. She did manage to give out 2 waters though and was super excited each time.
After awhile the trash piles up and it's a good task to keep the road clear. Somehow Eli got a hold of one of the brooms at some point.
Dana's cousin came in about an hour and half after him this time so Dana got a pretty lengthy recovery time before we found him just so....
He was in alot of pain. He pushed himself so hard. He was trying for 3:15 because Boston is moving their qualifying times up 5 mins and registration for next year was about a month ago. So he actually won't be able to run it (as far as we understand) year after next with his time. But he's not sad because it was such a huge feat to even get the time he got. Here's Dana and Todd after their 5th marathon together.
Here they are barely walking over to get their official times.
Here's our fantastic 4 in front of the St George temple (although you can't really see the temple in this shot). It was a pretty warm day again this year and they were troopers.
Sadie chillin' in the shade.
So, so proud of my honey!
Our car was having some issues on the way home so we're so grateful to be home safely- with everyone healthy and in 1 piece :)
Here they are barely walking over to get their official times.
Here's our fantastic 4 in front of the St George temple (although you can't really see the temple in this shot). It was a pretty warm day again this year and they were troopers.
Sadie chillin' in the shade.
So, so proud of my honey!
Our car was having some issues on the way home so we're so grateful to be home safely- with everyone healthy and in 1 piece :)
3 comments:
Congrats AGAIN to Dana!!!! I love that the whole family got to be involved this year. :) And I'm also glad to hear that you made it home safe and sound!
Way to go Dana! That is such an amazing time and you qualified...woo hoo. Even if registration is closed that is so awesome. Katie...I love the pics of the kids handing out water. I don't really like to take water but I try to take it from those darling kids so eagerlly waiting to hand it out. I'm so glad Sadie got to give out 2 cups. I want my kids to do that sometime. Love the pics and you are truly a good wifey. :)
Go Dana! That's awesome. I'm bummed we missed you guys on Saturday night! Hopefully we'll see you sometime soon!
Post a Comment