When the world trade center was attacked our little family was living in a 1-bedroom apt in Brea. Emma was 1 and I was pregnant with Eli. Dana and I held Emma close and I was grateful to have Eli safe inside. I wondered what their world would be like. I feel grateful that even though, as my sister Miranda pointed out, we have been at war their entire lives, they haven't been affected by it. We've all had a safe 10 years, free from terror.
The past few days as 9/11 specials have come on tv, we've tried to relate to the kids what happened that day and why it's so important. We want them to revere those that died and their families, hear the stories of the heroes and know that most people are good. And especially to appreciate our freedoms and our great country. May God continue to bless America.
1 comment:
Been catching up on your blog! So many fun things you've done this summer. Love all the pics. And I'm loving this post on 9/11. We were in the same boat, one little girl with a baby boy on the way. I remember the uncertainty of what was to happen next. It was scary. Anyway, hope you are well, sweet thing! love, me
Post a Comment