Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

In my adult life, I don't know if I've ever felt more anticipation for the arrival of Easter. To finally be free from the grasp of the taunting purple bag of Mini-Eggs is a beautiful thing.
Sadie loves green. She can be dramatic but is overall such a sweet 4 yr-old.
4 dozen eggs minus 3 broken ones.
And they're off! (I feel kinda bad I took way more pictures of Sadie than anyone else. She's just the most excited about things because they're still new for her.)
Scout (always on the lookout for treasures on the ground) was pretty excited about the scattered eggs.

Sadie was excited to find 2 "Elmo" eggs and wanted to share one with Campbell.
A chocolate egg just for me!
Eggs, candy, bunny bread for breakfast.
I didn't do any Easter dresses this year which was kind of a relief not to worry about (once I let it go) since I've been so busy lately. I also taught the Beehives an Easter lesson which I thought turned out pretty well. Except for while I was trying to bear my testimony at the end one girl blew a huge bubble and her neighbor popped it. But with 17 girls there, you roll with the punches :) I feel so lucky to be in YW's- it's such a blessing in my life.

Preparing my lesson I studied the scriptures about Christ's last week. I was struck by how alone he felt. I don't remember learning before how he brought Peter, James, and John with him to the Garden and they kept falling asleep. They couldn't have grasped what he was facing but he was hoping for some type of support. Then he was betrayed by Judas and denied by Peter. Then he felt forsaken by His Father.

My sister Sally put a link on FB to a talk by Elder Holland that says "Because Christ walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to." It's a very inspired talk- you should listen to it.

I hope your Easter was also lovely :)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like a beautiful Easter with your family! You guys dyed a lot of eggs! I bet that's something your kids are good at by now. It's still a little bit intricate for my boys. They are mostly interested in putting stickers on the eggs after they are colored. :)

How nice that you got to teach the Easter lesson. I love getting to teach my young women about Christ's life. It seems like there are very few YW lessons that do that. I guess it's sunday school's territory, but I love when we get to incorporate it. I love that talk by Elder Holland too. Definitely inspired and inspiring.
PS-I went through 3 bags of mini eggs this year. Whoops!

Sally said...

I love how serious Sadie looks about running out to find the eggs!
So cute in their pj's. I guess if we do have James there next year, we'll still have to just kinda plop him down with some Easter stuff around him anyway. He'll be the same age as our niece, Andrea, and she was most interested in the plastic grass in the basket, pulling strands out one by one.

Jill Ison said...

I still havent tried a cadbury egg. mostly because of the hold it used to have on you!!!

I bet your lesson was amazing. You have a beautiful spirit. those girls are blessed to have you, and you them.

kkerr said...

Happy Easter Kleven family!