A couple days ago Emma feeling like she couldn't get a word or second in, wrote me a note on the Magna-Doodle. I responded in kind. Sadie was our messenger and enjoyed having such an important job. Emma's getting bigger and loves having one-on-one time with me that's not always readily available. So we got to have our own little private conversation mixed in with the silent suspense of what the next message might say. At the end she wrote "You're the best, mom!" Which made my heart sing.
Yesterday Eli brought me the Magna-Doodle with a note on it.
I think I have a new favorite toy :)
P.S. Sadie told me 5 times yesterday "You the best mommy I ever seen." and gave me big hugs each time. It's been a great week to be a mom around here.
4 comments:
Man, I need you to teach me your secrets of being the coolest mom. :)
When it's good, it's good! You have a sweet family. :)
So, it gets better than little bubbles in your stomach? :) he he
Ahhhh, Katie, I love this story . . . it's the type of thing that your momma-heart never wants to forget! I'll have to remember to pull out the magna-doodle every now and then; my oldest is totally into note-writing now, and she'd get a kick out of some "instant messaging!"
Post a Comment