Then I lay there and thought about how Eli was turning 9 right then. How he was born at 12:02 am and all day while I was laboring we had wondered if he'd come on the 21st or 22nd. I thought about how he didn't cry right away and the relief and joy I felt when he did. And how he was the sweetest, easiest baby ever- so quick to smile and hardly ever fussy. 

And just how much I love the boy he's turned into. Before I fell asleep I became excited to make his birthday great.So here are the things the birthday boy got to do to live up his big day: I picked him up from school at lunch like I did Emma. He's was sooooo excited. Oh and this was after I brought in cupcakes and his class sang to him while he stood in front beaming.
(BTW like 6 of his classmates complimented my culinary skills by telling me how much they loved my cupcakes. I had to tell one boy 3 times that the name of the cake was "yellow cake". That cracked me up. Oh and keep this on the down-low because you technically aren't allowed to make your own stuff. They actually expect you to spent $25 on store bought ones, as opposed to 2/$3 cake mixes. K-back to Eli)
He chose pizza for lunch and asked right away if he could have a soda at the restaurant. I despise soda and my kids only get it at school parties or other parties when I have no control. Oh and when Dana gets it and they sip his. So immediately I said "no". But he played on my birthday sympathies and I gave in. So this root beer was for sure one of his favorite presents.
Daddy called him at lunch.
Our little sidekick had a fun time too :)
We went to Target next and they both got to pick out gifts with the money they got from grandma. I helped with Eli's which worked out since I hadn't really gotten him an actual present yet.
His teacher gave him a "homework pass" so he made a little set-up to get the complete experience of relaxing and playing the DS after school.
Aunt Mames and cousins came over and gave him a great gift. She always knows what to get them :)
He chose pizza for lunch and asked right away if he could have a soda at the restaurant. I despise soda and my kids only get it at school parties or other parties when I have no control. Oh and when Dana gets it and they sip his. So immediately I said "no". But he played on my birthday sympathies and I gave in. So this root beer was for sure one of his favorite presents.
Daddy called him at lunch.
Our little sidekick had a fun time too :)
We went to Target next and they both got to pick out gifts with the money they got from grandma. I helped with Eli's which worked out since I hadn't really gotten him an actual present yet.
His teacher gave him a "homework pass" so he made a little set-up to get the complete experience of relaxing and playing the DS after school.
Aunt Mames and cousins came over and gave him a great gift. She always knows what to get them :) (The cup contains a big, dead, hairy spider- a little something he got for himself).
We did the official song and cake over the weekend when my mom was here for Emma and Eli. It was a great weekend. We went to "Jump Street" for Emma and Eli's non-party year with everyone on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. We'll definitely be heading back there this summer. Grandma sprung for lunch at "Fat Burger" on the way home. My mom is awesome...but that's worthy of it's own post.
Happy birthday bug! I love you so much! XO
We did the official song and cake over the weekend when my mom was here for Emma and Eli. It was a great weekend. We went to "Jump Street" for Emma and Eli's non-party year with everyone on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. We'll definitely be heading back there this summer. Grandma sprung for lunch at "Fat Burger" on the way home. My mom is awesome...but that's worthy of it's own post.
Happy birthday bug! I love you so much! XO
8 comments:
I can't believe your lil guy is another year older. Your kids are all so darn cute !
XO, Jen
Sounds like another successful birthday week! Your kids are so cute and getting so big. I love the bug catching ensemble Eli got.
I hate that they won't let us bring in homemade cupcakes at school too. I have usually bought the mini cupcakes because they are just as cute and have tons of frosting, which is all most of the kids eat anyways. Also they are cheaper. :)
Good job surviving birthday week. Now you can relax!
Good work, Katie!!! I can't imagine doing three kids' birthdays in a week and making each one feel special. I struggle sometimes with Lizzie and Rachel two and a half weeks apart!
Sounds like everyone had a good birthday, so you can give yourself a big pat on the back...until next year. ;)
Opps! That last comment was actually from me. Sorry!
I wanted more baby Eli pictures! He was the cutest, easiest baby! I think he's the only one of all the nieces and nephews that I have seen while still at the hospital.
You are the best mom Katie. Your kids are so blessed to have you. What a busy week for you making each of them feel special. You are so awesome!
Thanks everyone! You are all so nice!
Sal- I added a photo just for you :)
Thanks, Kate. I can see him better in this one. It's weird how you forget what they looked like as newborns.
Post a Comment