Monday, January 24, 2011

Snip-Snip

For one of her "Faith in God" goals, yesterday Emma had the idea to make cookies for an older lady in our ward (who also lives down the street), all by herself. And they turned out perfect!
I love when she comes up with ideas like that :)Another idea she's mentioned to me a few times lately is she'd like to cut her hair to her shoulders. Initially, I was hoping to talk her out of it. I mean, last I knew she was growing it to her waist.
But it is her hair so...
Sweet Auntie Mames took the time to cut Eli's (who I was desperate for) and Emma's last night after dinner.
And here's Emma ready for school this morning!
Getting her new 11 yr old look with her birthday just a few weeks away.
And giving 11 inches to Locks of Love :)
It's always a little hard for me to say goodbye to long pretty hair but short is fun.

And much easier to brush through.

4 comments:

joyous said...

Wow! It was so long and beautiful, but long hair is really hard to maintain. And I loved the flower headband she was wearing, very fun! You almost have a young woman!!

Sally said...

I kind of like this cut bc I think it makes Emma look a little bit more like her younger self. Like I can see baby Emma a little bit better. 11 years old!!!

Jill Ison said...

we love Emma.

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

What a sweetheart Emma is! Lucky girl looks beautiful with long and short hair!