With all the cute kid photos and snow pictures I've neglected the best parts about Christmas for me. One that I didn't take a single picture of (why??) was my family coming out and just spending time with them. On Christmas Day my brother and cute sister-in-law drove out from Las Vegas. I love getting to know Carrie more and more. The next day Sally and my mom came out (Eter had to work). Miranda went to Texas with her fiance for Christmas and we did miss them.
One of the days my mom and Jeff even watched the kids as all us girls got to hit an after Christmas sale and go to lunch. We were laughing that out of the 4 of us Carrie is now the only "Giles". Anyway, it was such a fun time. I treasure family time so much.
Also, I received from Dana probably the greatest Christmas present I've ever been given. He wrote me a song! He spent hours on this project for me. At first he was even trying to figure out his own tune and everything, but in the end ended up using a tune I had never heard of and putting his own words to it. On Christmas morning I got to watch a video of him singing it to me. I was crying. The words were so sweet and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. He also made a collage of pictures of us throughout the years and in one of the openings is the lyrics to the song.
He is so good to me and often I feel undeserving. He makes life so special. I used to be pretty proud of my people-discerning skills but experiences and time have humbled me and I can now see that no matter how well you think you know someone, when it comes to eternal marriage, there is an certain amount of luck involved. This makes me feel so incredibly blessed.
Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing the lyrics with you :)

9 comments:
So sweet...it almost made me cry! What a lucky girl. :) And super fun to spend Christmas with family too. Good times!
What a wonderful, sweet gift. You are a lucky girl. :)
So glad you had a good Christmas! I can't believe he wrote you a song. That is the sweetest thing! Serious brownie points for that guy!
Oh Katie. I am so so touched by your post and the sweet words written by YOU as well as the beautiful song that Dana wrote. Love lives where Love is given and you sure can tell that you both love one another so much. I am so lucky to get to see your wonderful family on your blog and know you are happy.
oh. my. gosh. How sweet is that song?! Looove it!
Um...I teared up while reading the song. I want to come over and watch it, but Dana might think I'm weird, right?
love that song :)
tell Dana That was so super adorable of him :) i am so completely impressed.
Kate, can I re-post this song on my new blog about marriage?
Also if you wanted to write something more to go with it that would be awesome. Just a little testimony of marriage and the man you love, please!
Post a Comment