Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Ssssuper-Fantasssstic Amazing Day

With Eli having a head (insert "heed") size of copious proportions for an 8 year old, I've felt for awhile that his baby teeth really could use the adult-size replacements A-SAP. Usually the grown-up teeth look big and awkward on kids at first, but I don't think we'll be having this problem.
His top teeth have been wiggly for like 6 months, breaking the world's record for the slowest ever to fall out.
Then today...on the way (walking) to school it was the moment we had been waiting for. This was going to be great day. I also happened to be signed up to help in his class today. He was still beaming when I got to his classroom. I took him and a group of kids out to the hallway to play a learning game. I noticed that everytime Eli read, he spent a little extra time with each of the "s" and "th" sounds, reminding everyone of his missing tooth. This was hilarious :) I've also heard him repeating to himself "ssssssssup?" ssseveral timess today.
When I picked him up from school today, he had an even bigger grin. He earned extra points in PE for try, try, try-ing again and not giving up on whatever activity they were doing. He said all the class and even the teacher clapped for him.
Then he announced that losing a tooth makes for a lucky, lucky day.
Cue the tooth fairy and it'll be a lucky night as well.
I love my boy :) :) :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, happy day! You've got such great kids. So cute how happy he was all day.

Shannon said...

So adorable. Hope the tooth fairy remembers!

Katy said...

Dear Tooth Fairy,
Please, please, please don't forget to get Eli's tooth.
love you, Kate