Friday, April 16, 2010

"HAPPY BORT-DAY MOMMA!"

Out of all the awesome things that made my birthday so special today, I think Sadie's semi-frequent (and sincere) birthday wishes to me were my favorite. She just kept remembering out of the blue- sometimes telling me and sometimes singing to me. She is so sweet :)

Dana actually had a big thing at work today that he was mainly in charge of so he couldn't fulfill my annual request of taking a personal day to spend it with me on my birthday. But never fear! I have a sister that lives a few blocks away and also has a birthday today! As it turns out, she likes going to a delicious breakfast for free with no kids as much as I do! Who knew! She makes for a very fun date :) She's waiting for me to take the picture of our food so she can eat. See how she's all ready with that fork? A local restaurant owner named Joe gives out free meals at all 3 of his restaurants. Every year it seems like inspiration to try and hit one for each meal. But then I have breakfast and remember why it doesn't work.
After eating this I wasn't hungry again until about 4 pm. Oh boy, was it GOOD! We split so we could try it all. Their pancakes are the best I've ever had.
Dana actually had an unexpected short day today because after the meeting he was in charge of ended, he got to go home! So we ate here at 4pm before the half a mile line started to form. It's actually kitty-corner (or is it catty?) to Liberty Market.
I took the camera everywhere with me today (except Costco) but took most of them from dinner on out. There are lots. But it's my party and I'll cut and paste if I want to :)

My sweeties.
They try and eat fast to go out and climb the trees.




Sadie loved this soda and I let here have too much but got so many fun pictures out of it.
She's really working to get the last few drops out.


Ice.
Which reminds me- is anyone else glad that "Ice Ice Baby" is back on the radio sometimes? I love when it comes on! I know what you're thinking: Old lady loving songs from her day back in the early 90's.

Then on the way out, the kids asked if we could go across the street to the water area. It was only 5:15 and a warm day so we said okay.

We knew they'd get soaked, but so worth it to see these faces :)





After awhile the girls tried to warm up on the cement.

Eli had a great time for another 15 mins or so.

We made them strip down to undies in the car and then drove home. Amy made me a cake. She's so sweet and thoughtful. Angel food with strawberries- my favorite.
With calls, emails, facebook, and texts, I definitely felt the love today. Thanks everyone for making it so special! I am so grateful for my family and friends!!!

I actually get to keep celebrating next week. Dana took Monday off instead and we'll be doing something fun (don't know what) and also a girls night out. I heart my birthday.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Hooray for birthdays! Sounds like you really know how to celebrate. That water spot looks so fun! I wish it was warm enough here for that. Give us a couple more months. Hope you have a great weekend and a fabulous birthday day with Dana on Monday. Surprises are so exciting!

Happy Happy Birthday!

kkerr said...

Happy Birthday Katie! It looks like you had a great one.

joyous said...

I'm so glad you had a fun birthday. You sure know how to celebrate. When I saw your birthday coming up on FB, I wondered what you had planned! Enjoy your Monday with Dana too!

stacy said...

that looks like the best, most perfect birthday ever! so fun! you kids are beyond beautiful and i just love every picture you took. happy birthday friend! and vanilla ice STILL sucks...hahahaha!

Carrie said...

Looks like it was a great time! I loved Sadie's soda faces. Happy you had a fab day!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Sounds like a perfect day! You deserve it!

Ashby said...

Happy Birthday Katie! My mouth was watering just looking at the yummy places you ate for your big day! I hope it was a good one!

Jeff Giles said...

Kate those are such good pictures. I don't know if you're just getting good at photography or your kids are ultra photogenic... Maybe both. Anyway it looks like they had so much fun. What a good mom you are.

Unknown said...

Looks like a fabulous day and I love my birthday too!!!