Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Katie,

Solomnly swear, in a very non-religious way, that I will NOT buy any kids clothes (after I use my Gymbucks today), until school clothes shopping time. No matter how great the sale is.

Because I...

Can do...


Hard things....


There. I put it out there and I'm sticking to it.

7 comments:

kkerr said...

Whoa! That's a big commitment! I commend you for your efforts. I should do the same.

Shannon said...

Good luck! I have a hard time passing up great deals. I just did a major Kohl's shopping trip. I just love seeing Total Saved: 192.34. It makes me smile. :) I will also try to restrain though. For my budget's sake.

Sheryl D said...

Hmmm.... can she do it???? What about that fabulous Boden sale that comes in the middle of the summer?

joyous said...

LOL!!! You crack me up. I seriously have such issues also. Today caught me online at The Children's Place. Yes, it was a great sale, but did they really need it? Did we really have the $$$??? No, so I closed my browser. Hang in there until August!!

Jill Ison said...

hmmm... what if you find a great deal and you save them for school? it's just that I've noticed if I NEED to buy something sure enough it ain't on sale. i say get it when the prices are low. but goals are goals so good luck with that.

Kate said...

it's good point. But the thing about deals is- they are always out there. and if not today- in 2 weeks. So if I'm always buying things that are "too good to pass up" I'm still spending money I didn't need to spend. My kids don't need any clothes right now- they're covered through the summer. And would probably beyond that. But 3 months is going to be a big deal for me. One step at a time :)

Amy said...

I have faith in you, YOU CAN DO IT!