Then for some unknown reason, a magical day comes right along. Just as you step out of bed your oldest daughter says "Can we surprise dad today by cleaning the whole house, making his favorite dinner and making him cards?" You think you could still be dreaming but wholeheartedly agree anyway because hey, why mess up a great dream? Then your other children all latch onto the idea. They begin singing as they clean. You get in the shower still slightly dazed, but while using your "Cherry Blossom" body wash, this same daughter pops her head in the bathroom and says, "After our regular jobs can we all clean the toy room?" And later in the day even the arguing sounds like- "Fine! But after I'm done peeling the potatoes I get the broom back!"
But, even the most magical of days cannot compare to watching your unsuspecting husband come home to this:
and this: (Surprise!)
and taken on a fun little scavenger hunt...
...to find made-with-love cards expressing how much they love and appreciate him working so hard each day for us. Happy special "regular" day honey!
I caught some video after this had been going on for awhile so it was winding down a bit, but still gives you the idea. I was surprised that she kept going even after she saw me!
Not sure what I would do without this girl. Love you sweet-pea!
9 comments:
THis is such a cute post Katie! I love the video. Those songs and skipping and enthusiasm for cleaning are the best! I have a son that says no with "mucho gusto" too! HAHA! Good thing they are super cute ha? You described so eloquently how I feel when we clean too! We are usually blasting some kind of music and dancing when we meet up between the rooms. SO FUN! That is so cute what they did for Dana! I bet he loved it! You are one AWESOME momma! Take care and love, me
P.S. Perhaps in a couple of weeks on a Saturday you wouldn't mind being our guinea pigs again for massage? Then we can catch up some more.
That is a magical day! How wonderful. Fun for Dana too. I love the video of the cleaning song. Very cute.
Wow! That is a great day! You sure have some cute kids!
they are so awesome!!!! what a fun day for you...and dana! :)
i was at the store the other day and tristan called and asked, "when are you going to be home i have a surprise for you". i was so excited and assumed that it meant a clean house. but was i wrong. i came home to a son dressed as a girl with makeup on. and jenna dressed like who knows what and an awake baby who couldn't be more frightened by the scene. i like your day WAY better. :)
stacy- that was hilarious!
Wow! That is a wonderful surprise tell Emma "Mames" would love a surprise like that!
haha how magical! the first part about how you make them do it everyday and how do they not see a pattern shouting no every darn day!! that is my kids exactly cept im still waiting for my magical day. i fear its not coming.
So cute! I love that girl. And all of them.
Looks like you have had a great summer, Katie! I love this idea, and how cute that the kids came up with it themselves!
I'm so glad you guys got to go to Wicked too...I love that show.
Post a Comment