This is what Sadie calls our tiny new addition. As much fun as the kids had in Mt. Pleasant at Grandma and Grandpa Kleven's house (which was a TON), I'm pretty sure their most favorite thing was FINALLY getting a pet! We found this sweet little homeless kitten in the barn. Emma named her "Pepper" within the first hour of finding her and then the begging from all 3 kids "PLEASE can we keep her?" began. There are so many stray cats up there that we weren't sure she would find a home. Anyway, we all fell in love with her and it just seemed meant to be. She needed a home and our kids have been wanting a pet for forever- ever since Emma could ask for one.At first she was scared and kind of wild and didn't want to come out. However she was very thin and hungry- which is why she was meowing non-stop. So Emma lured her out with some milk. (I've heard milk isn't good for cats so we give her water now).
She was very skittish, but did seem to want to be held and loved.
She warmed up to the kids so quickly and is so sweet.
True love :)
Emma wanted her in every picture since she is now part of our family :)
We were really nervous about the 11 hour drive home but she slept like 90% of the time. It kind of reminded me of the way little babies will shut down when they are over-stimulated. But whatever the reason- it was awesome! Dana and I did feel a little bad bringing her from her beautiful green yard to the 110 degree desert, but Dana reminded me that she will enjoy our winters much more- don't we all. Emma said we should get a white cat and name her "Salt", but I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon. I have a lot more to post about soon- after I unpack. By the way, they don't really have a working internet there so I've really enjoyed catching up on everyone's blogs after almost a week. Hope you all had a grand old 4th of July!
5 comments:
I've never seen Emma so happy, I don't think! Funny how she's such an animal lover. They really are their own people, huh?
Oh my goodness, that is so very similar to the story of the kitten I got when I was a little girl. She is darling. I've got a jealous little girl here (Emily) that would love a cat. She has been reminded she has her own little dog.
oh i love that baby she is so pretty!!!!!! i had a cat named pepper when i was a kid. so sweet!
What a great story about getting a family pet. Perfect timing too, if you ask me. Emma is old enough to feel ownership and actually do caretaking. We have been thinking about getting a dog and Weston has been asking for one, but I'm hesitant because I know that Weston has no idea what all having a dog entails. I love the 4th of July picture. Your kids are so gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest of your vacation pics.
I don't think I have ever met kids that wanted a pet as bad as yours! It is so pretty up there! Pepper is sooo cute!
Post a Comment