Sunday, December 28, 2008

Coal for Christmas

On Christmas Eve, as I was picking up our van from the mechanic, (hopefully all better for our trip to Utah this week) Eli was acting up a bit. I used the line that can only be used once a year that he "better be careful because Santa will be coming tonight and you don't want to get coal in your stocking." It's always worked very well in the past.
Then I heard him crying. Not whining, but a full on sob. When I asked him what was wrong he said "that's was exactly what I'm afraid of happening." Then he expressed that he always gets in trouble. Apparently, he felt like he might just be deserving of that lump of coal. Immediatly I felt a wave of guilt that my bluff had sent him over the edge. I tried to reassure him what a good boy he is. I thought I did a great job helping him feel better, but on Christmas morning when he saw his presents he came running up to me with that big smile of his and said "Look mom! I didn't get coal!!!"
He asked for this bow and arrow set (suction cup tips) and has been playing with it non-stop. He's getting pretty good too.

Sweet little girlies

Christmas Eve PJ's- Sadie not quite into the picture idea.
The main thing Emma wanted again this year was Webkinz. So now she has 6 pets living together in Webkinz world. She loves them all. I'm enjoying her love for stuffed animals for as long as it lasts.
Ballerina costume for Sadie
Emma and Holly's horse stable from Santa- (who had a great time putting it together at midnight) the animal version of a dollhouse. Holly's new Webkinz "Coconut"
Christmas Eve fun
This girl is just melting my heart lately. Whenever I put her down in her crib I blow kisses and say "Night-night" "I love you". Even when she is crying because she doesn't want to go to sleep, she repeats everything back to me through her tears. So I get a sad sounding "Mwah-mwah" with her hand blowing the kisses. And she'll stop just long enough to say "Ni-ni". It's just too sweet. She's a super angel. I'm having a real hard time picturing her becoming sassy someday. Maybe she'll be the one that never does right?

6 comments:

Jill Ison said...

holly'c coconut looks alot like kassidy's angel. And that stable looks like my kids dream come true. I'm glad you had a great christmas. Sadie is so sweet. That is for sure!

Rhonda said...

Looks like a great Christmas at your house. I love seeing everyone's jammies. That stable definately looks like something that would be a hit here. I've never seen one.

Jenn said...

Those are the cutest Christmas PJ's ever!!! Where, may I ask, did you find them??? Did you MAKE them???

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun Christmas to me! They look cute in their matching jammies! And I have to agree that Sadie is one of the sweetest little girls ever!

kkerr said...

Poor little Eli! Love the pictures and the matching pajamas.

Brenna said...

Oh my heart ached for Eli's tender heart, thinking there might be coal for him Christmas morning. Sweet boy. Emma will have to hook up with Brenna in the Webkinz world. Happy New Year to you! You are probably still in Utah. Hope you are having fun. We just got back from Cali. love ya, Me