Our backyard finally produced more than some dirty, wet socks or toys with mud caked all over them! It probably seems silly to most of you but let me tell you, I was excited when Eli brought this in and I saw that it looked promising on the outside. Then after I cut it open I was elated! Enough to even grab my camara and take a picture right? This is definetly a day we have all been waiting for since we planted our citrus trees about 3 years ago. Now never you mind the smurf-tacular plate, or that dirty spoon left on the counter from Sadie's breakfast. This is truly a beautiful sight. We all (besides Sadie who gave me a look of 'why did you just put this in my mouth', and Dana who was at work) enjoyed every last bit of this home grown grapefruit. Now we're waiting for some oranges.Friday, December 12, 2008
Straight from the Backyard
Our backyard finally produced more than some dirty, wet socks or toys with mud caked all over them! It probably seems silly to most of you but let me tell you, I was excited when Eli brought this in and I saw that it looked promising on the outside. Then after I cut it open I was elated! Enough to even grab my camara and take a picture right? This is definetly a day we have all been waiting for since we planted our citrus trees about 3 years ago. Now never you mind the smurf-tacular plate, or that dirty spoon left on the counter from Sadie's breakfast. This is truly a beautiful sight. We all (besides Sadie who gave me a look of 'why did you just put this in my mouth', and Dana who was at work) enjoyed every last bit of this home grown grapefruit. Now we're waiting for some oranges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yummy! Citrus picked straight from the tree is one of my favorite things. And don't feel weird for taking a picture of it either. I would be proud of anything I could manage to grow, especially in this state.
isnt it wonderful? now who am i going to unload all my excesses of grapefruit on?
Post a Comment