"Holidays Around the World"
First Grade Musical
This was a super cute show. We just got a new video camara and I haven't tried to figure out how to get stuff from it onto the computer yet but I may add a clip or 2 later. I got some great shots of this ham- let me tell you. There was a surprising amount of choreography I thought for 1st grade and there were many, many practices, but it made the show really fun. Eli's for sure got some moves!


Saying his part

Eli and his friend Jake.


Third Grade Field Trip
Thanks to my great friend Sheryl watching Holly and Sadie for about 6 hours, I was able to go with the 3rd grade to The Rock and Mineral Museum and Arizona History Museum. They are both in Phoenix not too far from each other so they decided they could hit both in one day. They were both really cool. We really liked the Rock and Mineral Museum. My group's favorite part was the 200 lb meteor they had there. I must not have been in picture mode because I only got these 3.
The 5 kids I was in charge of. They were all super fun kids.
This hard bench has some springs under it that lets the kids get the feeling of what it would be like riding a covered wagon. These girls both agreed it would be rough riding for sure. I loved this one on one time with Emma. It was great just being able to talk on the bus uninterrupted. Emma thinks a lot about things and sometimes I feel like I don't have the time to answer questions she asks.
"Center Stage"
Emma and Eli took a class for fall where they learn lots of songs from Musicals and then do a performance at the end. Both these kids have not a drop of inborn shyness and I'm trying to take advantage of this while they are young. I know I got more self-conscious when I hit the teen years and Dana says the same thing. This is "Singing in the Rain". I've loved hearing them sing these songs at home through the past few months.
This was Emma's second time in it and Eli's first. I kinda wondered how Eli would do when I signed him up, but he did great! One of these clips has him doing his solo part. I think Emma and I had gotten him so nervous about missing it (because it was the first line of the 2nd verse) that he was a little overanxious. I'm bummed because I left the video camara as we were walking out the door (in a rush as usual) and my camara doesn't have much of a memory card. That's why these clips are so short. Overall it was a terrific show with just one minor incident of Eli announcing he had to go to the bathroom after one of the songs. Luckily it was a small crowd and we were back in like 3 minutes :). Such a funny boy.

This was Emma's second time in it and Eli's first. I kinda wondered how Eli would do when I signed him up, but he did great! One of these clips has him doing his solo part. I think Emma and I had gotten him so nervous about missing it (because it was the first line of the 2nd verse) that he was a little overanxious. I'm bummed because I left the video camara as we were walking out the door (in a rush as usual) and my camara doesn't have much of a memory card. That's why these clips are so short. Overall it was a terrific show with just one minor incident of Eli announcing he had to go to the bathroom after one of the songs. Luckily it was a small crowd and we were back in like 3 minutes :). Such a funny boy.These 2 are just growing so fast. Eli must have hit a growth spurt because lately I just can't get over how big he looks. Love these sweet big kids :)
3 comments:
Great update Katie! Eli does look like he is the same size as Emma. Jake is doing the same thing with B. Looks like such a fun musical class. The musical looks so festive. I love the new banner photo of your kids. That's so awesome that you had that great bonding time with Emma. Great pics! love, me
arent you glad I made you buy the $5 scarf? It looks so festive!
Cute little performance! Good job! I wish they had something like that around here.
Post a Comment