Monday, November 3, 2008

Haunted Porch

After many days of waiting through October, Halloween FINALLY came. For Eli that meant that we got to have our long-awaited haunted porch. Hooray! For those of you who didn't get to experience it first hand, the main scary components were: This little cute "kinda like 'Scream'" masked Grim Reaper standing at the entrance, spooky music, a fog machine, a sound activated floating witch head inside a crystal ball-I wish I would've taken a picture of that one...
Emma the leopard, and part of the time this little witch and Cleopatra, hiding inside our kiddie slide with a black tarp over them spraying everyone's ankles with an air compressor. This actually made most everyone jump and was really funny. I enjoyed watching everyone's faces (especially adults) as they stepped inside trying to cess-out the situation. I found myself wanting to stay and pass out candy rather than take the kids trick-or-treating. Dana and I take turns and it was my turn for trick-or-treating this year. In the end, I'm glad I got to go trick-or-treating. It was priceless watching Sadie toddle up to doorways in her little angel costume and hold out her little pumpkin bucket.
Inside the haunted porch but lit-up from my flash. You can see the black tarp to the left. Emma decided to stay in the haunted porch the whole time and didn't go trick-or-treating at all! That's definetly saying alot.
It was a great Halloween. Thanks Eli for getting us to add some extra fun to the same old thing. I have a feeling the porch may become haunted again next year.

5 comments:

Jill Ison said...

that was so fun. my kids especially had a really good time. Eli has awesome ideas!! Can't wait till next years haunted porch!! :)

Melanie said...

Love it! I wish we could have seen it in person, but it sounds fun! Maybe we'll get a chance to check it out next year!

Rhonda said...

Wish we would have had time to check it out. Sounds like a great haunted porch. I can't believe Emma never left to trick or treat.

Sarah said...

Just came across your blog...what a sweet family you have! (Great photos too...love the header!)

kkerr said...

Awesome porch! So fun that Eli loves the scary stuff.