Saturday, September 27, 2008

Countdown

After months of hard work and training- the St. George marathon is only 1 week from today! Dana is so awesome at reaching any goal he sets for himself. I admire him so much. This is his 3rd marathon and he's shooting for 4 hrs (or less would also be okay) so wish him luck.
I'm excited because it's such a fun atmosphere and I love to see people that have worked so hard for that moment cross the finish line. Of course seeing Dana finish is the best. I've been able to see him finish the last 2 times and I'm so looking forward to that again. And hey- it's gotta be cooler there than 105 right?


Good Luck Honey- I love you!

7 comments:

jon♥kara said...

Good luck Dana! That's insane I don't think I would ever even want to run a marathon. A half marathon maybe but not a full one. Good luck on reaching your goal time. Have fun in St. George that ought to be a fun trip.

Brenna said...

Goodness! I hope it is nice and cool. Good luck Dana! That is an awesome accomplishment. I haven't given in to the peer pressure yet, but a few of my friends keep trying to talk me into doing one of those mini triathlons. We'll see. I hope you reach your goal.
love, Christine

kkerr said...

Good Luck Dana! That's awesome. What an amazing accomplishment(x4)

Nichole Barney said...

Good Luck Dana! I am sure you will do great! We are putting together a group for a relay here in AZ let us know if you are interested!

Jill Ison said...

ask Dana if he has any tips on how I can like running more. That is quite an accomplishment. way to go.

Andrea said...

Dana, I'm feeling a little nostalgic when I see the sweat and read about your upcoming run! You are a well-oiled machine and you have completely paid your dues with all your training. Now just enjoy this week, relax!, and take good care of yourself. You're going to do an amazing job and I have no doubt you can meet your goal. Do you have a Garmin? If not, you are welcome to use mine. It really helped me stay on track during my last marathon and I swear it helped me reach my goal time. Let me know. You are going to rock!!! HAVE FUN!
Andrea

Shawni said...

Good job and good luck to Dana! It is so fun to be up there in all that hype. Dave did it a few years ago. I just can't believe people can do that. Such a huge deal!