We had such a great day on Saturday. We drove down to Tucson to visit some great friends of ours. Not only was it awesome just to visit them and let the kids play (who just can't get enough of each other), but they live right near a mountain. So after a nice lunch, we drove about 30 miles (a beautiful drive) and were suddenly surrounded by pine trees and a stream and endless terrain for the kids to explore. Not to mention how great it felt to soak in that 70 degree temperature! All 4 of us parents were saying that we need to get our kids out in nature more. They just couldn't get enough and I think I felt almost as giddy as they did (anyone else have fall fever?). After that we went back to their apt pool and let the kids swim and then had pizza for dinner. Does it get much better than that for a kid? Does it get much better than watching your kids have a happy day with only a random arguement or complaint as a parent? Not for me. All four fell asleep in the car on the way home. What a great day and memory :)


Sadie was
loving the mud and we were fighting to keep her out of that water. It was so fun to see her exploring and looking around at things that were completely new to her.

We didn't have a prayer at keeping Emma and Eli out of the water.
6 comments:
This looks so fun Katie. Glad you guys had such a great day with your friends. I LOVE being in nature SO much too. Looks like your kids had the best time. I love it. Let's talk soon.
katie it's so crazy how big your kids are.
that looks like the best day. i think we appreciate the outdoors more because we are trapped for 5 months in this hidious heat. :) i'm glad you had such a great time.
It looks like a great time. I'm glad you have somewhere beautiful to go to escape the heat. Miss you!
thats just exactly how we felt camping!
Sadie looks so cute with her little ponytail!
I didn't realize how diverse the Arizona landscape is.
Is it just me, or does it make you miss Big Bear?
I've heard of that place. Awesome that you got to get out. see ya Monday! and probably Sunday coming to think about it.
Post a Comment